Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer jerky recipes

Bryan95

I have been making some deer jerky lately out of some of my venison but am looking to add a little more flavor as mine is a little boring tasting:( Anyone want to share some good recipes with us thanks:way:

I like to use High Mountain cures and seasoning. A lot of different flavors to chose from.

Jerky

Sent using IW app

Here is the recipe that I use and it is better than anything that I have bought. It calls for 10 #'s of meat.

4 tbsp sugar
6 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
4 tbsp salt
1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
6 tsp Accent

Layer the meat in a plastic tub and sprinkle the mixture evenly. Continue adding a layer of meat while seasoning the top each time. Leave in the fridge for a day or two. Stir/ mix the meat a few times over those 2 days. Dehydrate and enjoy! It is addicting!

First of all, I highly recommend investing in a slicer if you are going to make jerky. I have a cheap nesco ($70-$80) and it works awesome (as long as the meat is partly frozen). I take the roasts right of the deer, freeze them a little, slice it, and then vacuum seal them in 2-3 pound packages. When I am ready to make jerky I just open up a package, dump in my recipe, let it marinade overnight, and then you are ready to throw it in the dehydrator. My favorite recipe (Teriyaki):

1 1/2 cups of Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup of Soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup or so of water
1 Tablespoon of black pepper
1 Tablespoon of meat tenderizer
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
1 Tablespoon of liquid smoke

I always seem to deviate from this every time I make it, but this is kind of the base I work off of. I also usually throw in some red pepper flakes. For a more hickory tasting jerky, I take out the teriyaki sauce, and replace it with 1 cup worchestire sauce and make the soy sauce 1 cup. I then usually add a couple tablespoons of liquid smoke.

I have a cheap nesco food dehydrator and it usually takes about 6 hours (pretty thinly sliced)

I dumped the dehydrator years ago and began smoking all the jerky I make. Not an exact recipe but I mix lawrys, slap ya mamma, salt/pepper and crushed red pepper. Add a bit of beer to make a watery paste. Marinate thick cut strips in the fridge overnight and smoke with your fav wood for 10-12hrs. Monitor hourly so meat doesn't dry out.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

go to bass pro & get some original & hot backwoods seasoning & mix 1 to 1 still pretty spicy but good.

Top Bottom