Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DEER MOVEMENT IN IOWA

M350

PMA Member
I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU, BUT HERE IN NE IOWA THE DEER ARE MOSTLY VELVET FREE, AND HITTING THE GREEN FIELDS HARD!!! IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS MY CAMERAS ARE FULL OF RED ANTLERED DEER. SCRAPES ARE STARTIN TO SHOW UP ON PERIMITERS, BUT I HAVENT FOUND ANY PRIMARYS GETTING HIT YET. WHATS GOING ON IN YOUR WOODS AND HAVE YOU SEEN ANY LIGHT SPARRING YET? FAWNS ARE PRETTY MUCH SPOTLESS AND ACORNS ARE PLENTIFUL BUT NOT GETTIHG HIT YOO HARD YET. M350 OUT

pretty much the same around here. Did see 2 4 pts doing some 'shadow sparring' tonight.I hear its relly going to cool off this week. That should make things a little more interesting.Hopefully some corn can get picked reasonably soon but here in NE Iowa it may be awhile. Good Luck All

I've been seeing some light sparring. Bucks also are clarifying the pecking order when they come out to feed. Legumes are attracting a lot of attention. Found a red oak with a good crop dropping acorns. The deer were keeping them pretty well cleaned up. Only bucks I'm seeing still in velvet are the 1 1/2 year olds.

Top Bottom