Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DeerQuest - Deer Scents

scout

I tried some of the smokin' sticks last season and had interesting results. I just picked up the Bear Scents for next month. (can't hardly wait
smile.gif
)
Has anyone else tried them on deer?

Scout,
I'm headed to northern MN Labor Day weekend in search of a big black bear. Love the 2 bear limit this year. I've not tried the deer sticks, but am interested in the bear sticks. Got any more details? I've never heard of them.

NWBuck

[This message has been edited by NWBuck (edited 08-02-2001).]

www.deerquest.com Click on products then bear. It's about $15.00 shipped. I did'nt kill a deer over it last year, but I did have higher numbers of deer come in to check out the scent. One morning six deer came within bow range in about two hours. 3 doe and 3 bucks (one decent 9pt) They licked on the leaves and at the air as they came in and hung around a long time. I got the berry flavored bear sticks. Its much easier to use then doing a honey burn. I have not tested these products much so purchase a your own risk. It really puts ALOT of scent into the air! (and it smells good) I would like to hear your results if you try either the deer or bear. I hope the weather breaks soon! Only two weeks!

[This message has been edited by scout (edited 08-06-2001).]

I think I'll try some. I've always been tempted, but never knew of anyone who used them. They're not of an investment to try them.

SCOUT I HAVE TYIED EVERYTHING UP HERE IN N.E. IOWA. THEY ALL WORK ON GIVEN DAYS. THE BEST CASE IS TO USE SCENT THAT NO ONE ELSE IN YOUR AREA IS USING, ESPECIALLY IN THE RUT AND PRERUT. THE BEST HOT SCENT I HAVE HAD TEAR DEER UP IS A PRODUCT MADE BY A COMPANY CALLED HOT TRAILS IN AN ESTRUS SCENT. THIS PRODUCT IS A CANDLE IN A HURRICANE LAMP, WHEN LIT IT WILL NOT BLOW OUT AND TRUELY TEARS UP LARGE WHITETAILS. I HAVE HAD CUSTOMERS SHOW ME BLOOD SPRAYS ON THEIR CANDLES WHERE THE LUNG SHOT DEER BLEW BLOOD.. IT WORKS. M350 OUT

M350,
Can this product be purchased locally. (central Iowa ?) Or maybe via the internet?
I'm looking to try something different for a change of pace.
Thanks, BOWDUDE

HEY BOWDUDE BILL MOORES HOY TRAILS CAN BE PURCHASED AT www.hottrails.com JUST DONT LET ME CATCH YA USING EM UP HERE IN ALLAMAKEE CO. FIN AND FEATHER CAN PURCHASE THIS ITEM FROM A SUPPLIER CALLED APPLELAND SPORTS IN WISCONSIN. ASK CHAD IN CEDAR RAPIDS TO GIVE THOSE GUYS A CALL. M350 GOOD LUCK

Top Bottom