Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who do you prefer, DeSantis or Trump?

DeSantis is basically a better version of Trump. Same policies, less caustic personality.

I think DeSantis is far more electable in a general election.

Worst case, Trump wins GOP and we have 4 more years of Biden. I don't see DeSantis losing to Biden. I can very much see Trump losing to Biden.

My 2c

None of the above.

DeSantis hasn't committed yet and if he's smart he won't. No one worth having will. No one can get down in the mud with Trump and win the nomination. Unless something really big and unexpected happens Trump has the nomination.

Now…. If we are doing “safe spaces” & we can behave…. IF IF IF someone wanted to make the case for Biden…. We have to welcome the dialogue respectfully. & I do mean that. & no, I don’t think there’s a whole lot of Biden fans. My great great great grandpa did vote for Biden in 2020 - so I do have family that does support him. ;). If anyone wanted to toss that in there- please be nice folks. After all- his kid is named “HUNTER”. :)

On a serious side note- i need to mention…. On the state level - iowa republicans are the main reason we saw all this crazy legislation this winter/spring. The days of accepting all views of all parties at all times is long gone!!!

But back to it …. I wanna watch this more & wont wade in …. Wanna see this play out a bit.
Its good to see that great great great granpa is still voting!! LOL

DeSantis is basically a better version of Trump. Same policies, less caustic personality.

Worst case, Trump wins GOP and we have 4 more years of Biden. I don't see DeSantis losing to Biden. I can very much see Trump losing to Biden.

My 2c
This is exactly how I see it too.

DeSantis. When Trump was nominated I told my die hard Trump supporter friends that as a life ling conservative I believe in what he says he wants as policy as much as anyone. I also told them that his personality and his care for himself being so much greater than his care for the country, or even for the republican party for that matter, was going to damage the republican party for a long time. I'm sorry to say that I believe I was right. To have a strong economy and still be a one term president, losing to Biden, is not an easy thing to do. And don't tell me the dems stole it. Dozens of judges, even appointed by republicans threw out every single claim...not most, not some, everyone. And do you really believe that the democrats are that much better, that much smarter than all of the republicans that they can perfectly execute a scheme on that scale and completely get away with it? He lost because a bunch of conservatives like me could not vote for him, not to mention the independents he ran off.

My 2c
Could not have said it better myself.

None of the above.

DeSantis hasn't committed yet and if he's smart he won't. No one worth having will. No one can get down in the mud with Trump and win the nomination. Unless something really big and unexpected happens Trump has the nomination.
He does not have to get down in the mud with Trump. Once Women see DeSantis debate Trump its over for Trump. DeSantis is very well liked in Florida and that is one diverse melting pot of people and thoughts. He won in Miami Dade county which is almost unheared of for a Republican.

Miami-Dade Goes Red: GOP Scores Massive Midterm Election Wins In Once-Democratic Stronghold​

DeSantis. When Trump was nominated I told my die hard Trump supporter friends that as a life ling conservative I believe in what he says he wants as policy as much as anyone. I also told them that his personality and his care for himself being so much greater than his care for the country, or even for the republican party for that matter, was going to damage the republican party for a long time. I'm sorry to say that I believe I was right. To have a strong economy and still be a one term president, losing to Biden, is not an easy thing to do. And don't tell me the dems stole it. Dozens of judges, even appointed by republicans threw out every single claim...not most, not some, everyone. And do you really believe that the democrats are that much better, that much smarter than all of the republicans that they can perfectly execute a scheme on that scale and completely get away with it? He lost because a bunch of conservatives like me could not vote for him, not to mention the independents he ran off.
Spot on imo. I made a similar comment in a thread above regarding the fraud stuff. Repubs had pretty much all the power and couldn’t get anything to stick. The peaceful transition of power is one of many things at the very top of the list that make this country what it is.

He does not have to get down in the mud with Trump. Once Women see DeSantis debate Trump its over for Trump. DeSantis is very well liked in Florida and that is one diverse melting pot of people and thoughts. He won in Miami Dade county which is almost unheared of for a Republican.

Miami-Dade Goes Red: GOP Scores Massive Midterm Election Wins In Once-Democratic Stronghold​

Trumps hold on the "base" is to strong. Every poll has Trumps lead growing over the whole field. Trump beats DeSantis even in Florida.

There's a reason Desantis hasn't committed yet.

I read "The Courage to be Free" by Ron DeSantis about two weeks ago. He's got a pretty impressive background, prestigious education (law school), military then done a great job in Florida. I haven't heard him stoop to the high school level of name calling. Trump probably has better name recognition and a larger following, and was a former president, so it will be tough to overcome that.

Bottom line between these two candidates:

1. Trump would win the GOP nomination over DeSantis.
2. Biden would win the POTUS election over Trump.
3. DeSantis would win the POTUS election over Biden.

If you're going into a wrestling meet with 2 heavyweights in your lineup, which one do you enter into the meet? The one who can beat the opposition, or the one who can beat the other in practice, but has already lost to the opposition in the last meet?

Trump still has a solid base, but I don't believe he's added to it since the last election, and those who don't vote for him, basically HATE him.

If Trump gets the GOP nod, he'll get my vote, but I can all but guarantee he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Creepy Joe Biden this time around. I doubt he'd even have a chance against pretty much any other Democratic candidate either. I and my investments loved Trump's policies, but we might not survive another consecutive 4 years of Biden / wackado left wing policies.

So, who do you want to be the GOP nominee? Personally, I pick best strategy over personal preference every time.

Bottom line between these two candidates:

1. Trump would win the GOP nomination over DeSantis.
2. Biden would win the POTUS election over Trump.
3. DeSantis would win the POTUS election over Biden.

If you're going into a wrestling meet with 2 heavyweights in your lineup, which one do you enter into the meet? The one who can beat the opposition, or the one who can beat the other in practice, but has already lost to the opposition in the last meet?

Trump still has a solid base, but I don't believe he's added to it since the last election, and those who don't vote for him, basically HATE him.

If Trump gets the GOP nod, he'll get my vote, but I can all but guarantee he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Creepy Joe Biden this time around. I doubt he'd even have a chance against pretty much any other Democratic candidate either. I and my investments loved Trump's policies, but we might not survive another consecutive 4 years of Biden / wackado left wing policies.

So, who do you want to be the GOP nominee? Personally, I pick best strategy over personal preference every time.
I think this is spot on. Which is why I’m suprised a little that the die hard Trumpers aren’t viewing it this way too. Lose the battle, win the war.

What's the info on Desantis?

From what I've seen, I'd take him over Trump.
Well just for a simple starting point! DeSantis is backed big time by the Bushes, Paul Ryan, Karl Rove, Club for Growth and other swamp creatures. He is also backed by George Soros big time. All would be considered globalist. Read, Agenda 2030, by the Word Economic Forum ( WEF ) and see what the globalist have in mind for you! Total lunatics that meet in Davos Switzerland every year! DeSantis also voted for cutting Social Security and Medicare several times as a congressman. If he were the nominee, he would have ZERO chance to win on that alone. Trump is a nationalist, America first and has no interest in globalism. This is one of the reasons there are the endless false attacks on him. Please remember the MSM and social media is completely owned by about a half dozen billionaires that put out a narrative they want you to believe and not usually what is true. These billionaires believe in one world government/communism. Life under Trump was far better in my lifetime then any other President and I am getting old!!!! He can't be bought or controlled and is totally against the military complex and endless wars. His two boys, Don Jr. and Eric are big hunters, so hunters rights along with gun rights will always be protected! Before 2016, I certainly was not a Trump fan but after seeing what his policies are and what he was able to get done, with all the attacks on him, I am all in for him and can deal with a couple mean tweets and his brash, blunt personality.....

Well just for a simple starting point! DeSantis is backed big time by the Bushes, Paul Ryan, Karl Rove, Club for Growth and other swamp creatures. He is also backed by George Soros big time. All would be considered globalist. Read, Agenda 2030, by the Word Economic Forum ( WEF ) and see what the globalist have in mind for you! Total lunatics that meet in Davos Switzerland every year! DeSantis also voted for cutting Social Security and Medicare several times as a congressman. If he were the nominee, he would have ZERO chance to win on that alone. Trump is a nationalist, America first and has no interest in globalism. This is one of the reasons there are the endless false attacks on him. Please remember the MSM and social media is completely owned by about a half dozen billionaires that put out a narrative they want you to believe and not usually what is true. These billionaires believe in one world government/communism. Life under Trump was far better in my lifetime then any other President and I am getting old!!!! He can't be bought or controlled and is totally against the military complex and endless wars. His two boys, Don Jr. and Eric are big hunters, so hunters rights along with gun rights will always be protected! Before 2016, I certainly was not a Trump fan but after seeing what his policies are and what he was able to get done, with all the attacks on him, I am all in for him and can deal with a couple mean tweets and his brash, blunt personality.....
Well put, but can Trump realistically win the 2024 presidential election? Has Trump gained more voters than he's lost since the last election? Sadly, I strongly believe that the answer to both questions is, NO.

DeSantis hasn't even thrown his hat into the ring yet, so that's got to be taken into consideration too. I'm 70/30 thinking that DeSantis won't even run in 2024. So, if Trump is our guy, I'll vote for him, but I don't look forward to another 4 years of Biden when he loses.

Desantis is a nobody. All he's gonna do is divide the Repubs. Just imagine getting attacked over and over again with nothing but bullshit. Fake russian collusion, fake Ukraine bs, fake impeachments. You'd lash out too if that all happened to you, while trying to really make America great again. Here's a guy fighting for the regular American. TRUMP

What makes Desantis so great?

And Biden might not be alive by 2024....He looks like a lost zombie already.

I like Trump, he was a good President (not always a good person) … but we need to WIN! I’d lean DeSantis!

Note… I strongly believe there was major fraud in the swing states (Georgia, AZ, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania) in 2020 and 2022…. I think Trump won easy. Kari Lake won AZ. It will happen again, but it will be worse if Trump is their opponent!

Top Bottom