Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Disappointed and Happy!

kjwehrmann

With the 2nd season ending. My father in law and I decided to do one last hunt to try and get him tagged out. We pushed a few pieces of ground with no luck. So we decided to go into a piece we never hunted this year. We start walking, we are roughly 100 yards off the road following a nice creek/ditch, and i look over and my father in law stops and whistles at me, then points down into the creek.

I thought he was letting me know there was a deer about ready to jump up and come my way, hes like no its dead. So we go down and look at this deer, and this deer ends up being the big 12 i had been hoping to get with my bow or shotgun. I was upset he was dead, but at the same time i'm glad we found him and no one else did. He is missing his brow tine, other then that, this deer would have been an absolute brute next year had he lived. His main beam mass is incredible. As for tine length, not so bad. My father in law used his tag and tagged this dead deer. We only had about 10 minutes of season left, so it was a good end to this years hunting.

I plan on doing a European mount for him. I have done all of mine European except this years shotgun. All in all, a very good year for us.

The last pictures i had gotten of this deer, was on 8-30-12. Never seen him again.

Here he is:

IMG_0331_zpsf3dd9d77.jpg

SUNP0040.jpg

IMG_2584_zps22b6f9c7.jpg

IMG_7834_zps81728763.jpg

IMG_3326_zpsf8779720.jpg

Last edited:
I'm honestly not sure how he died. From the looks of his ribs, it looks like he was hit by a car or truck, and managed to lay down and die without being found. I could be wrong though. Very well could have been ehd also, and the ribs could be messed up from the coyotes going to town on him.

Top Bottom