Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

disappointment

flugge

second year of turkey hunting, and i still didnt get a bird.....took 3 shots this year, missed a huge bird first day, then two jakes this morning.....oh well....

3 Shots? Bummer! Make shure you pattern your gun,use a good turkey choke,good tutkey loads,and get them into range. If you've done all that it must be "Buck Fever".Don't rush your shot.

Flugge,
I went 0 for 2 this year to,I hit a big bird opening day that I should not have even shot at,he was farther away then I thought,he flew off so I hope he's ok,a little smarter though. I had 4 bird's come in the second day and had them at 25 yd's and got busted trying to reposition my gun.Never fired a shot but I had them in my lap!!I was so worried about what happened the day before that I did not want to take a bad shot.
It was great to be out and my son broke a 2 year drought so overall it was a great week!And the best part is that I'm going to get one of those big heavy bird's everyone's talking about during 4th season.CONFIDENCE!!!
Buckhunter

[This message has been edited by Buckhunter (edited 04-19-2002).]

mort....I dont wanna sound like a prick at all, but my equipment is top of the line...i think it was just nerves...i really felt sick about missing them....so i got pissed at myself....which really didnt help....the first one i shot at i was crouched in the middle of no where when he came running at me, so i think that was mainly nerves, then everything went down hill....oh well, always a later season or next year i guess

Misses are ok, we feel bad & get over it. What really hurts is wounding a bird or animal. Hope yours were clean misses & better luck next hunt. Hope your next one has a 12" beard!

Top Bottom