Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Distance From Mineral Site

2-bucks

PMA Member
Did Iowa ever enact the 200 yard limit on hunting near mineral or bait sites? I know it was proposed several years ago but do not see it in the reg. book nor in the Iowa Administrative Code. So as far as I can tell the rule stayed the vague version of "you can't hunt over bait" (my words not theirs) but leaves the distance up to interpretation.

Am I missing anything?

Did Iowa ever enact the 200 yard limit on hunting near mineral or bait sites? I know it was proposed several years ago but do not see it in the reg. book nor in the Iowa Administrative Code. So as far as I can tell the rule stayed the vague version of "you can't hunt over bait" (my words not theirs) but leaves the distance up to interpretation.

Am I missing anything?
Nothing changed that I know of. It’s “discretion of DNR officer”.
It sucks as I personally believe people are not putting mineral out to shoot a buck off of. It’s just a thing where a guy needs to cover or remove so no ticket. Or put them in locations far from where hunting.

I've only been running mineral the last year or two. I put mine in rubber feed pans so I can just remove them and not have to dig up any dirt. Has worked well as it has been fairly dry. If we started a really wet period I might have a problem with having to drain water out of them.

Top Bottom