Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR deer decline meetings in western Iowa

chadw

79b70b0712b13c632b7495994639d44c.jpeg

A buddy those sent this to me. Looking forward to hear what they have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the sentiment to the west is “our #’s got hammered”. Ehd, doe killing, etc. Hunters are frustrated. This is a great time for those that are seeing a degraded resource to voice up on it. IMHO- when ehd outbreaks ravage herds- that years quota should be adjusted. A tiny % of ehd deaths are reported. I don’t hunt there but I do know there’s a huge amount of hunters there who don’t like what’s happened for #’s & quality of herd there. Hope it gets better. This is one step to how it does.

In my area the numbers are definitely down, but not to a point of serious concern.

EHD has hit the area. Not all that many deer get shot in my section or the sections around it . No over harvest of does.

Thanks for sharing! I'll be attending - I know the quality of hunting has dropped wayyyyy off in the last 5-10 years. Numbers are scary low compared to what they used to be. Habitat loss and EHD are rough. Over harvest has some impact but it's not the #1 issue.

I plan to attend the one in Atlantic. I do not know their desired outcome. For how long it is scheduled (1.5 hrs), I assume part of it will be soliciting feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom