Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR Wildlife Rules: ICN Public Meeting, Feb 25, 2015, 6 -9 PM

Just noticed this on the DNR site.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting.aspx

I went last year and found it interesting and feel we did make a difference. It was packed in Johnston last year, and now that isn't listed as a site. Not sure why...

I attended in Solon last year, also not listed. My only guess is they want to move them around so nobody has to drive a great distance every year.

I attended in Solon last year, also not listed. My only guess is they want to move them around so nobody has to drive a great distance every year.

I was also in Solon and I have to say that Jnrbronc was the most dapper person in attendance there...and perhaps the whole state!! :D

Last edited:
Nothing in Des Moines area, are you kidding me?!?!?!?

Do you guys think that was specifically decided because of me?!?! :D:rolleyes:;)
I guess I'll have to drive a little further to propose: year round deer season, early pheasant season, crossbow turkey season that's 6 months long and deer trapping & deer hunting with Tannerite.
They aren't gonna keep me and my ideas out!

Do you guys think that was specifically decided because of me?!?! :D:rolleyes:;)
I guess I'll have to drive a little further to propose: year round deer season, early pheasant season, crossbow turkey season that's 6 months long and deer trapping & deer hunting with Tannerite.

Check your email, because I was thinking that the DNR would just set you up with a location all to yourself Skip! :D :D

I heard about it last week and its on the calendar. Thanks for the heads up RJack and as he said it is a good time! Skip which location are you going to? I may have to change locations so I can be at the meeting you are at. For you new and old IBA members this a great way to start giving back.

I was also in Solon and I have to say that Jnrbronc was the most dapper person in attendance there...and perhaps the whole state!! :D

See ya in Tiffin. ;) And once again I will be going straight from work, should put a change of clothes in the car.

Skip - it was either you or the guy from Ankeny :rolleyes:

Skip - it was either you or the guy from Ankeny :rolleyes:

HA!!!! YES!!! That was pretty good. :D;) He was actually pretty dang funny!

I gotta look at the list, man, eye balling it, all of them look like an hour drive. Bizarre that the biggest city in the state doesn't have any locations, I mean, move it to Ankeny, Pleasant Hill, Altoona, etc. Hmmm. No biggy.

Bottom line - The more guys from this site that attend, the better. I absolutely believe it makes a difference, no doubt. Last year reinforced that for me. The input on crossbows, adding seasons, changing regs, throwing more things during our rut, our deer recovery in general, special interests, new weapons, all this junk - folks speaking up - it makes a difference!!! IF YOU SHOWED UP WITH ONE GOOD POINT AND ONE COMMENT IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE. ONE OF ANY ISSUES THAT WE ALL KNOW IS BIG - BRING IT!! Multiply that by 10-15 guys on here that know how to carry themselves - HUGE!! You don't need to be a politician or public speaker. You need to make a common sense good point, feedback, opinion, etc - from a regular day hunter, which the vast majority on here fit that category. Otherwise, the nut jobs will dominate the floor with some crazy talk. The DNR wants to hear from guys like YOU & OUR STATE NEEDS YOU GUYS THERE!!!!

I'll be heading up to the DMACC Campus in Boone from my house in Grimes. If anyone in the Des Moines area is interested in carpooling up, please let me know.

I am going to attend either Monroe or Chariton. I'm thinking Chariton.

*Dang, now if no one shows at the Chariton location OR if they cancel that location alone, it'll confirm a big Conspiracy here!!! ;)

If I recall from last year, they added sites as the time got closer. I think something with scheduling. Anyone recall this or did I have one too many beers?

I have no idea how many beers you had streitl, but you do seem to be correct. The list has been updated as Johnston is now included again.

Anybody know if they let late arrivals in? A few years ago I got off work late and the doors were locked in Tiffin. I've taken steps to get off work early but I can't leave until the work is done.

I have no idea how many beers you had streitl, but you do seem to be correct. The list has been updated as Johnston is now included again.

Looks like they moved it to Iowa Public Television this year in Johnston, not the High School as in the past.

Top Bottom