Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

do you need salvage tags??

arcblade

a friend of mine found two dead bucks interlocked and was wondering if in Iowa you need salvage tags to remove the deer. any help would be great!

Views are mixed on this topic. See this thread: Salvage

For locked antlers, the DNR might take an interest in having them for display purposes. Good luck.

To be legal you need to get one or in this case maybe two to be able to keep the bucks or to move them. I have heard of cases where the bucks get confiscated though so I guess it depends on who you get the tags from.
frown.gif
It would be a cool find though, good luck.
grin.gif

Don't know about your county but the Sheriffs office in my county cann give salvage tags. It would help if you knew one if they do in your area. Or wait till spring and shed hunt.

[ QUOTE ]
To be legal you need to get one or in this case maybe two to be able to keep the bucks or to move them. I have heard of cases where the bucks get confiscated though so I guess it depends on who you get the tags from.
frown.gif
It would be a cool find though, good luck.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Thats the problem, wishy-washy officials. If you find it legally and no one shot it ,it SHOULD be yours.

Here you need a tag to keep anything like that. Unfortunately anything big enough to be a trophy or as unique as locked bucks isn't getting you a tag, the local C.O is keeping that one for sure. I'm not afraid to say that if I ever find anything of gigantic proportions I'm telling nobody. If I found some locked bucks, I'd bring them home, clean them up and shut up!!

Like I said in the last post about this subject. Just take 'em. If you ask for a tag, you might as well leave them there, because they won't be going home with you.

Call Officer Sisco. You have to have a salvage tag & take the whole deer.

Sheriffs Dept. will issue the tags for highway accidents - not likely for some dead deer out in the woods.

thanks for all the info but I hate to say that when he went back the next day someone had already took the heads off.
I wish he would of had a camera and atleast taken some pictures. thanks again!

Top Bottom