Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Do you still have a Buck Tag?

Do you still have an unfilled either sex bow tag?

• Yes

Votes: 83 70.9%
  • I filled mine

Votes: 34 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blake

Life Member
I thought it might be interesting to see how many members still have thier either sex bow tag unfilled. :(

Mine should be filled as of Monday. Went out with a buddy to his land and hunted off the ground. Got sat down on a nice tall mound on the edge of a field with timber around us in the morning. Not 20 minutes after we sat down and did a few grunting sequences, I look to my left and see a descent 8 pointer walking right down the field edge towards us. He's only about 50 yards when I see him. My buddy told me he was about 20 yards, but by the time I drew back he was walking quartering away and the shot ended up being about 25 yards. All I got was a little bit of white belly hair. This tells me we misjudged some, but more importantly I simply shot a little low. A few inches higher and it would have been a good hit. This was my first shot at a buck with my bow and I choked bigtime. In all seriousness, IT WAS AWESOME! I'm glad it was a clean miss rather than wounding the buck. We looked pretty good for blood and found none. He didn't really leave in a hurry either and we didn't see him bleeding at all. Makes me wish I would have hunted the rut more. I hope to try to get out Sunday sometime.

im on the everyother year plan with shooting bucks, im glad i filled it early this year with the way everythings been goin. good luck to all that are still carryin a tag in their pocket!

WOW!!! I have 2 !...Regular/landowner ! But I kinda signed up for this after 31 years of bowhunting! I"ll shoot what makes me happy, or not!! I am passed the stage of killing baby deer just to get some sausage!! We do not live on deer meat!!:drink2:

That is the interesting question. How many still with tags left, have them because they are waiting for a large buck? And,,what makes a LARGE, buck? Two yr old,,3,,,4,,?

That is the interesting question. How many still with tags left, have them because they are waiting for a large buck? And,,what makes a LARGE, buck? Two yr old,,3,,,4,,?

For myself, I will know it as soon as I see it!!! But... He will probably have to be 140 or up!! Or..have a buttload of character!! It ain't happened this year!!! So we move on!!!!:D Always next year! Unless you die!!!!!:way::way:

I thought I was going to seal the deal Saturday morning. Had a young doe with fawns come thru with two dink buck trailing her. About an hour later she came back thru with a nice ten. I gave him a couple of grunts with a snort wheeze and pulled him a way from her. We played cat and mouse for 15 min. before he got nervous and turned away. He was always head on or behind a tree and never offered a shot. If you can get out this week, I think the young doe's that did not get bred or did not take are comming back around. I am off friday and can only hunt the morning so I plan to be out to try ti fill my tag before the orange army come out this weekend.

Top Bottom