Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Doe #1

cybball

Wow, what a night. Saw bucks running does, and deer everywhere.
This big doe walked in at 6:40. I arrowed her at 6:45. 20 yard broadside shot and I heard her drop in a thicket 50 yards away. The shot was perfect. Double lung. Crazy part of it is, I left at 7 and drove to get my son so he could help track. We were back by 7:45. I put him on the trail, which was easy to follow. After I shot her, I heard coyotes howling, but didn't thing much of it. We were only gone 45 minutes. We got back and the yotes had started eating a hole in her. Amazing. Hope you enjoy the pics.
DSC00227.jpg
]
DSC00232.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

[image]
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/cybball/DSC00238.jpg[/image]
DSC00238.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

If only every blood trail was like that one!
Don't take the yotes long to find em that's for sure
smirk.gif

Thanks. I was able to salvage 90% of the meat. Funny thing was, I hunted again last night and noticed the gut pile was still there. I must have spooked the yotes pretty good when we showed up to pick her up. ??

[ QUOTE ]
As ol Uncle Ted always says "Ahhhh the colors of Christmas!"
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
"Long live the beast!" At least they left the loins for you
grin.gif
Yotes are getting thick in my areas to. Need to kill em' dead before they spread
grin.gif
Congrats on the awesome trail and sweet doe.

I got my 1st buck with a bow this year, 9pt, soon as I figure out how to put pics up I will have on on here, but the yotes had gotten almost the whole back half. It was kinda bittersweet, it was my 1st one, but I couldn't take it home and hang it.

Bummer Bmott. That's the last one I leave sitting around. My son did "track" that deer all the way on his own though, so the learning experience was well worth it.

Top Bottom