Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Doe Hunting

Bill G

Guys,

Coming to Iowa next week to visit. Bought a doe tag to maybe take home some good midwest venison. Anyone know any good public land near Keosauqua that I could use my tag? Tks in advance.

Try to gather some information on Shimek State Forest and Lacey Keosaugua. Bring all the hunter orange you own!

Just curious, but why would anyone travel that far and spend that kind of money to shoot a skinhead and hunt on public ground?
smirk.gif

My guess would be he's visiting for another reason and thought about spending some spare time by heading to the woods to find some CORN-FED venison. I'd 'magine it tastes a little better than NC deer...

[ QUOTE ]
Try to gather some information on Shimek State Forest and Lacey Keosaugua. Bring all the hunter orange you own!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would feel safer in downtown Baghdad...talk about a war zone!
bigshock.gif

Goodluck
smirk.gif

You could kill does all day long down around Lake Sugema outside of Keosaqua
smile.gif
Wear lots of ORANGE!!!!!!
smile.gif

Guys, thanks for all the advice (from all the comments I probably will not enter the war zones). KSQ2, you are correct. mid-west venison is so much better that NC deer. For GHOST, flying to De Moines to attend a wedding, renting a vehicle and driving to Keosaugwa to visit an old (non-hunting) friend. River bottom boy, if you want to stir soup it'll have to be your own.
I really like this site and log in almost ever day to read the stories and see this the pics but even a blind hog can sense the instant animosity towards NRs from a few. Again, thanks for those that did respond with good sound advice.

Bill...have a great time in Iowa. I have no animosity towards NR hunters. It all makes sence to me now. I was merely wondering because I know I wouldn't travel out of state to shoot a doe.

Good Luck with your hunt and enjoy your time in Iowa!
waytogo.gif

Bill G,
Whack a big slick head! I am not familiar with that area for whitetails but have hunted ducks where LIV is talking about and you should have no problem shooting a doe in that area. But please do be safe.

Maybe someone from that area will PM you. Glad you enjoy the site and it is so hard to read people through a keyboard. I don't think any animosity or ill will was intended. Have a great hunt and please post some pics if you are successful.
waytogo.gif

I'm not sure how long you will be here, but if you hit the state land on Monday there won't be as many people or deer of course...but it's better then getting shot
bigshock.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom