Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Doe noises

sofakingfast_1

Was sittin in the stand yesterday evening and had a doe blowing\huffing\weezing whatever you wanna call it. She did it over and over and over. Between 20-30 times in about 5 minutes. What kinda point was she trying to make?

LOL I dont think she seen me because she never looked at me. And i was upwind. Unless i REALLY stink. geesh. I sure was annoyed. Had 15 deer in the field looking around wondering what was going on.

I agree, she never knew what you were or she would have been gone. She was probably trying to piss you off so you would yell at her and then she would know what you were. :grin: BTW I hate red squirrels!:thrwrck:

One of the first years I bowhunted, I sat on the edge of a clover field. I had 20some deer pass downwind and out to the field. 1Doe picked me off and stood 40yards in the brush behind and blew and blew and blew and blew. Every deer on the field would look once and a while and go to eating. I dont know if she caught movement of me or smelled me and the others hadnt or what. But same deal as you, she blew for what seemed like hours.

One old Doe picked me off (same tree) 3 times one season. The 3rd time, she stood and blew for about 3 minutes straight......til I made her stop. She was about 50 yards away standing 5 yards off a big oak tree. I took out my blount tip and sent an arrow to that tree. 600 grain blunt arrow smacking an oak makes a hell of a noise on a calm evening. She spun so hard, she lost her footing. I felt much better.

It's almost as if they went you to move or they are trying to make you do something to confirm their suspicion.

I love when they do that within bow range b/c the next sound here is the thwack of my arrow through her rib cage

I agree

It's almost as if they went you to move or they are trying to make you do something to confirm their suspicion.

I can remember a time when we jumped some deer walking back to the truck and I am pretty sure that more than one of them was blowing and they didn't even know why. I started doing my best imitation snort back at them and I'll be dogged if one of them didn't come back down the trail to about 35 yards away and try to figure out what had spooked them.

I could have arrowed it there, but I didn't. Sometimes they will snort at something they know specifically to be wrong and sometimes it seems as though they will snort when they aren't sure.

Have had more than once where doe was blowing and couldn't figure out what I did wrong until I saw the coyote trot on through. More often thought the problem is me!

Top Bottom