Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Doe Question

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
I was talking to a kid here at UNI and he talked about last year how he shot a doe and went home to give her some time, nhis way back out he decided to by a doe tag so that he would not have to put on hisany sex. To me this didn't sit right with me. For some reason this seemed unethical, but at the same time he really didn't do anything wrong ina sense. I also couldn't figure the legality of it.What are your guys thoughts on this?? I guess I have always but an anysex and atlerless at the start of the year. Was this guy in the wrong or was I just overreacting.

If you buy a tag after the season has already started, don't you have to wait for 2-3 days before you can use it?

IMO you should buy the tag and then start hunting critters. The money from the tag helps support the DNR and you should support them. If you are going to hunt...you should buy the tags or license you need to hunt that animal. That is what I think anyway, but what do I know?
confused.gif

Actually he wasn't poaching because he did have a either sex tag.Where he was ileagal was when he didn't use that tag.What the heck,you guys doe tags aren't that expensive are they?Here in Kansas you can't use a tag until the next calender day after purchase.

they are regular price, and then twelve dollars after. His reasoning for it being ok was that he was licensed to hunt, with an any sex tag. But then he just bought another an any sex.

Top Bottom