Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DOGS!!

Wow, I never thought I would hear guys on this site agreeing that it is ok to shoot a neighbor's dog! If I ever found out that somebody intentionally shot my dog for any reason other than protecting themself or anyone else, I would be extremely pissed and you would have one hell of a fight on your hands! I think the legal direction you are taking is the right one. As RESPONSIBLE hunters and outdoorsman, we don't need to handicap ourselves or our sport anymore by doing something as STUPID as this! Those of you who say they would or have shot a neighbor's dog, you really need to rethink your role as a outdoorsman and a possible role model for the future of our great sport.

I didn't want to but, I have to make a quick comment. In the original post it says this lady is taking in strays! Sounds to me like she is possibly trying to help! Not help hunting, but a genuine nice person who hates to see a dog suffer. If you people are looking for someone to hold responsible, look to the people who get pets and dumb them on the side of a gravel road!

This is a tough call, but we are talking about pets! FOr all you "HARDCORE" shooters, stop and picture the little girl looking for her dog!

IMO this is a case by case situation, but seriously guys take a minute and think to yourselves, "Did I seriously just Broadcast the fact that I shoot any and all dogs on an open internet forum?" This in itself is not smart.

To comment on the Three S's, and trophy photos, everyone agreed to "do it and stay quite" but YOU ARE BROADCASTING IT RIGHT NOW!!!"

This site is in Support of hunting, not to give huntin a bad name!!

Now back to the original poster!! It seems like you are going the extra mile to do the right thing!! I for one, Give you a pat on the back! Keep up the efforts, they could pay off greatly for you!!

obviously you dont have problems with dogs in your hunting area. and i didnt say i shot a dog. the dnr officer said the triple s rule would be the easiest thing to do. because he knew the owner of the dog "he had no kids" and the dog caused several problems with mail lady, etc. but the dog ended up getting put under for ATTACKING innocent people. so you can say "broadcast" or whatever you want. this is the internet. everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

There is a huge difference between a dog ATTACKING someone or someone in a stand just SHOOTING a dog that comes by.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to isolate you in my response. I just remembered the Triple S and used it as an example!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sofakingfast_1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> so you can say "broadcast" or whatever you want. this is the internet. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. </div></div>

I agree with you here. And I was posting mine!

Top Bottom