Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Beard Mount From Last Year!! FINALLY!

BrewCrew

Here's some pictures of my mount I just got back from the taxidermist about 3 weeks ago! He did a great job on it!
71243-9-2007-12.jpg

71243-9-2007-13.jpg

That's a very nice looking mount! Did it really take it that long for it to get done? Or did you give it to him later?

Very Nice
waytogo.gif

-Tyler

Hey Snyder,
We need another bird like that for the
turkey contest. Kill another bird like that and we should win
the contest!!!!
grin.gif

Yes the beards are thick but the first thing I noticed was the first thing I check on all my turkeys....SPURS! Those bad boys are looooong. Are they 1 3/4 or more?

Yeah he was a beast Ill never shoot another bird like him, thats why I got him mounted. His top beard is 11 3/4, bottom 10 1/2. The spur you can see clearly in the picture is 1 5/8 and the other is 1 1/2. The craziest thing about him is we used an old berkley digital fish scale to weigh our turkeys and it only goes to 28 lbs and he maxed it out immediately! I never thought about jumping on the scale with him and then getting off, should have though. Hendrix taxidermy in Glenwood said it was the biggest bird he'd had in there. I guessed him weighing in the 28's somewhere though. The neighbor of my uncles shot one on a farm nearby that supposedly weighed 30 but I never saw it, so who knows.

Top Bottom