Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double trouble!

DOR

Life Member
Turkey season lasted about 10 minutes this year!

My alarm didn't go off and I overslept, so by the time my brother and I were setting up it was a little past 5 AM.

As we were setting up we could see a couple turkeys already in the field across the drainage ditch we were hunting next to. There is only one easy place for the birds to come across the ditch into our field, so we set up quickly in this known travel area.

My brother and I quickly got our releases on and nocked arrows. Knowing the birds were close I was ready and quiet. My brother on the other hand was more worried about getting his hand into his bag of combos. Just as he started to make some "combo" noise a gobbler sounded off and he was close!! Before I even had a chance to scold him we had a group of 4 to 5 gobblers and jakes coming up the ditch. We both drew. He had first shot so I told him to wait till we had the whole bunch in the BS5 big windows. He obliged and when the lead gobbler got into his window he connected. My gobbler jumped up but did not fly off with the rest...a second later he had a Jack-Hammer tipped arrow through him as well.

Both birds were able to get up and fly off about 150-200 yards but were eventually tracked down and finished off.

This hunt was maybe 10 minutes long. Not that I am complaining, but I was hoping to get out and relax a little more for the next 2 weeks.
smirk.gif

Guess I will have to do some trouting.

Oh well, there is always next year.
grin.gif
grin.gif
3085-18-07.jpg

3085-18-07_2.jpg

Stats on the birds
Mine
Beard 10 1/4 inches
Spurs 3/4 inches each
Weight 20.7 Lbs

My brother
Beard 9 3/4
spurs 7/8 each
weight 21.7

Double with bows, that is awsome. That should earn the DOR - oldgene team big bonus points, along with the extra points for my 20 gauge kill. The rest of the teams probably just gave up and went fishing.

Great double.

Limb your killing me. His boat motor looks just like mine, just ytesterday I showed mama a Gaurdian for the 12th time and said Fathersday is nearly here!
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Top Bottom