Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

drop away rests

B

BJR

what's everyone's thoughts on drop away arrow rests? They seem to be very popular now days. Are they really that much more accurate than a two prong style rest, or any other rest for that matter?Has anyone had any problems with them that made you wished you'd never switched to a drop away?

My only complaint is I wish I switched sooner. Here's a link to an earlier discussion.

waytogo.gif

I put a trophytaker on my bow and all I'm going to say is that it was the best money I've ever spent on my bow!In my book they are the best thing to happen to archery rest in year's.If you put one on I would reccomend having a bow shop like C.I.A or Archery field and sports show you a few and have them install it also because they are tough to put on unless you have a bow press.They cost more but they are worth every dime spent.
Just my thought's.
waytogo.gif

Drop away rests are the best thing out there in my opinion. They have really helped me with broadhead tuning and accuracy. Like onecam, I wish I'd have switched sooner........

yay.gif
peace.gif
I agree with all responses. I had C.I.A install a Trophy Taker and it is worth every penny. I was having problems with my old prong rest constantly interfering with the fletching on my carbon arrows. Well worth the extra money, don't have to replace fletchings all the time now. Good hunting

I use a TrophyRidge Drop Zone on my Supertec and Trophy Takers on my target bows, I would'nt use anything but them.
26404-archer[1].gif

Team TRX I've got a muzzy drop away arrow rest and I really like it on my mathews SQ2 even though i heard that in the timber they snag on everything I have not had that happen. good luck
brick[1].gif

Looks like everyone likes the trophy taker drop away rest. I still use traditional spring load rest because I can use an arrow holder with it. Does the trophy taker or any other fall aways offer that? I like to have my arrow secured even if upside down. Thanks for the input!

[ QUOTE ]
I like to have my arrow secured even if upside down. Thanks for the input!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoot a "Whisker Biscuit" You can't secure an arrow much better than that, and they just plain work!!

i rigged a very simple contraption up to hold arrows on my trophy taker. look at the post "Lessons learned" and you'll see it. I took an old cable slide and cut it down and glued it to the front of my bow. It works like a champ...except if upside down. Not worrying about being upside down because if I am i will be more concerned with why i am upside down rather than shooting...unless it's a booner.

nothing against the other rests really. the spring style drop aways are too loud for my liking and the whisker biscuit is a fletching killer. both do the job though.

don't get me wrong I love new technology and spend way to much money on it, but I look at drop away rests and think to myself that something could go wrong all to easily. Maybe that is not true, but it just seems like it to me. I want to be able to shoot that buck when I need to. Call me old fashioned, but even with all these testimonials I am still hesitant. Even with muddy shooting one and praising it.

Here are the good comments. Anybody have any bad experiences??? That is what I am more interested in.

Kinda like shooting mechanicals to me. ???

I shoot a bodoodle and love it. it is a bit bulky and probably heavy enough. I like the drop away because they look lite and compact.

Onecam talked me into a trophy taker this summer, best thing I ever did, extremly quite....

the only BAD thing about my trohpy taker is that it took me awhile to figure out how to keep EVERYTHING quiet. recently i just doused the whole works in moleskin and now i'm in business. another thing is the string that pulls my rest up...i worried about it catching on stuff, it doesn't. i also worried about the string actually wearing out, but i think the bow will wear out before the string does. as far as quiet goes, it's whisper quiet now that it's covered in moleskin. once a person is comfortable with a piece of equipment i totally understand them not wanting to change. deadeye, honestly you're the ONLY person i've met that uses a Bodoodle rest!! you're a great shot and if I were you I wouldn't change either!! in the past however many years you've been using it you've put everything down you've shot. stick with what works. in the meantime i'll keep working on you.
evil.gif

Hey Muddy - what do you mean you doused it in mole skin? A little unsure of what you mean by that. I guess I would know if I bought one.

moleskin is that fuzzy sticker stuff that you can cut to form and put on your riser works like a champ. no, i did not set mouse traps and kill and tan moles in the yard.
grin.gif

Were you're groupings that bad to go through all the work of quiting down the rest to feel comfortable to shoot it?

Top Bottom