Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dropped a big doe!

Ohiobuck25

This past Saturday evening, I was able to score a mature doe. I went out with my father and future brother in law to one of our new spots we just started hunting this season. The weather was nice and cool and the deer were moving all night. After a half hour in my stand, I had doe fawns and year and a half old bucks comming out of the wood work. Not wanting to shoot young deer, I waited for a shot at a mature animal. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait very long. I soon heard what every hunter loves to hear, that unmistakeable sound of leaves crunching in woods with every step from their hooves. Once she was in sight, I initially though it was a buck due the her large body. However, once she entered the bean field, she stepped out to 35 yards and presented me with a slightly quartering away shot. Although this is a lot longer of a shot that I'm typically used to taking, I put my 30 yard pin behind her shoulder and a little high and let it fly. Fortunately the arrow found it's mark and she fell within sight. You gotta love those short track jobs! It was such a good feeling to draw first blood this season, and get the monkey off our backs. All it takes is one deer to fall, to boost the spirits of your hunting party.

Just recently having bought the hoist and scale combo from cabelas, and I couldn't wait to get her back and weigh her. She ended up tipping the scales at 145lbs dressed out!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Ohiobuck25/JimsOctoberdoe.jpg

congrats on the doe down!!
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom