Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DSD Strutter/before & after pics

That is the same setup I am using Don. I didn't use the second cargo net just one big black mesh bag and one cargo net and I have a tri-pod and a camera on there as well.

Badlands is now just for whitetail hunting... :way:

So you guys would pick the Rackpack Over the huntmore stool?

Been watching some of the videos on the rackpack and seems to have a lot of straps and a ton of stuff going on, and velcro on the head rest.

Any complaints(other than smaller foot pads) about the Rackpack that you would change.

This is nothing...cake walk buddy.... And I am older then u! The above setup is so easy, GIECO could do it. The secret is how well the pack carries all my gear secure and compressed to the pack. This Sept., Lord willing and the Creek doesn't rise, I plan on having a much heavier load hiking back in the mountains, to chase an elk with my archery setup. I hope my new G2 Kifaru Longhunter guide pack, I bought specifically for DIY mountain big game hunting, will be much heavier on the way out. Lord Willing.

Cooter said:
So you guys would pick the Rackpack Over the huntmore stool?

Been watching some of the videos on the rackpack and seems to have a lot of straps and a ton of stuff going on, and velcro on the head rest.

Any complaints(other than smaller foot pads) about the Rackpack that you would change.

They are getting a make over, from what I hear. I did a review on mine last year, posted pics of my mods, and Mike Sohms(is that right?)came on my AT in my thread, thanked me for the review , and he read where guys wanted the pack perfect. I made mine that way....I had to. Yea, the Huntmore stool is super nice, but it cant carry my blind and 4 dekes.

Last edited:
Pretty cool. Looks like a lot of work though to chase them with a bow....best of luck to you though. I'd be woried about someone canning your "decoy" during a hunt.

Shredder, My style of bow hunting birds is a lot of work, but I get a kick out it. It is a lot of work using 4-6 Lone Wolf sticks and a Alpha hangon, setting up and carrying out EACH and EVERY hunt, but I get a kick out of that too. It usually brings me great success at either killing or seeing animals.

I take my shotgun and a slate call that looks like a buttload of work. Reminds me of my duck hunting days packing decoys a mile through the marsh on my back yuck

Shredder, My style of bow hunting birds is a lot of work, but I get a kick out it. It is a lot of work using 4-6 Lone Wolf sticks and a Alpha hangon, setting up and carrying out EACH and EVERY hunt, but I get a kick out of that too. It usually brings me great success at either killing or seeing animals.

Your style of anything is a lot of work. I bet you have three shoe laces on each boot. Yet earlier you said its so easy, GEICO could do it?? I think you mean a caveman. Although they could kill a turkey with nothing but a rock, so thats invalid. The DSD strutter looks insane though, with one deke of every position/sex/age class you oughta atleast have success of seeing animals. :way:

That is the same setup I am using Don. I didn't use the second cargo net just one big black mesh bag and one cargo net and I have a tri-pod and a camera on there as well.

Badlands is now just for whitetail hunting... :way:

Limb. Everyone knows that Scott carries everything in for you!:D

I feel a bigger reward when I succeed at something that I have put alot of work into. Found that out last year on my first and most likely only guided hunt.

Top Bottom