Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Duck opener

Oh yeah! Should be a great weekend. Cold fronts all week north of us. Already seeing flocks, but I think more should make there way down south by the time this weekend rolls around. I'm hoping to fight the crowds on the Mississippi for those swarms of blue wings!

I'm going...it's the only duck season I ever hunt anymore. Its a fun time and gets me in the outdoor mood just in time for bow opener!

Finding water is a problem. The pond we usually hunt is down 5 to 6 foot. Not much water left so I'm hunting the river this year.

I don't waterfowl near as much any more but that is what I lived for as a young un. All nighters at Sweets marsh in Tripoli living on Mountain Dew and Vivarin, waiting for the early crowd to give up or limit out on teal and spooners and pounding the mallards mid to late morning. I only go a few times a year now.

Looking forward to the opener! I think the last 2 cool nights might have moved quite a few blue wing teal out of our area. I am sure there will be some around but it is disappointing that our opener is about the same time some of the southern states have their teal season!? Most of the blue wings are long gone by the time Iowa decides to open season.

Oh well, it should be fun and I can not wait for bacon wrapped teal with jalapenos on the BBQ!!

Can't wait!!! We be out pullin n all nighter on the water!! Bs'ing with the guys all nite, just waiting for light so we can lay down some ducks, n watch the dogs do some work n have fun, then breakfast burritos made on the boat!! Love it!!!

Found water and lots of ducks. Will be headin out and hopefully full limits like years past. Just had to work harder to find the birds this year. Good luck guys.

Yep. Will be out this weekend. 3 out of our 4 ponds are all dried up. The only one left is the pond by the cabin. Oh well, it will be fun either way. Looks like there will be a cold snap, just in time for the weekend to get some more ducks moving. Can't wait!

How can I get a waterfowl licence and stuff? We have TONS of birds on a pond here if anybody wants to shoot some. I could have taken 100+ Ducks on this pond yesterday.

Yup first hunting season of the fall for me and im pumped up to get out. Cool temps, high duck counts. If can find some water its def game time.

How can I get a waterfowl licence and stuff? We have TONS of birds on a pond here if anybody wants to shoot some. I could have taken 100+ Ducks on this pond yesterday.

Need a iowa hunting license, migratory bird fee, habitat fee, and a federal duck stamp.

Top Bottom