Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ducks/geese

Pupster

I just got back from my annual hunt to N Dakota, had a great hunt for mallards and geese. Now I can't wait to get into the deer stand hopefully the deer are getting ready to start moving.

I'll post a couple pictures when the are developed.

Pupster

Awesome!
laugh.gif
Our season opens this weekend but I'll be in the tree.Did anybody score any jewlery?

No jewlery on the North Dakota hunt, we did get 3 bands in Iowa a couple of weeks ago, one was a reward band.

We head for Kansas the first week in December.

Pupster

Nice Pupster! Get those pics up son! That is about the time we usually head to Kansas as well, never seen anything like it you can go any state west of here from North Dakota all the way down to southern Okie and Texas and the only out of state plates you see are Iowa??? Ya gotta follow em!

What's with the reward band? I never heard of it before and I have hunted ducks and geese for many years.

Was the reward band on a Mallard???? I have never harvested a reward band, I have seen a few but never harvested one.

Also, for those of you that come to Kansas to hunt ducks, where in Kansas do you hunt????

Hell, I live in Kansas and don't hunt ducks on the public wildlife areas anymore!!!! I am not crazy about our public refuge system and public hunting in general (too many idiots). Instead, I hunt Missouri because they have several refuges that have really nice blinds and a daily lottery system for access to those blinds. You get a nice blind and pool all to yourself, no fighting for position!!! I am taking my boys tomorrow to the Missouri middle zone youth season opener!!! Looking forward to decoying some Mallards!!!!

Happy waterfowling!!!!

Mark....

Hey K-B-hunter, Maybe all those idiots are from Iowa!!!!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Just kidding. I think we all have seen our share of inconsiderate waterfowl hunters that don't care about others in the field. Doesn't matter where you are from or where you hunt. Maggs

Kansasbowhunter,
Depends on water levels and bird counts. You think you got it bad down there come on up and hunt one of our reservoirs... Places we have hunted down there rarely do we run into many people and have yet to have a problem... Great people down there!
grin.gif

Some ginat flocks of teradactul like Canada's are heading south guys, hopefully they get to you. I can't believe they're still up here.

Just returned from ND myself had a great time, we beat on them
laugh.gif
Very few new birds in the area we hunted, the big push is yet to come
blush.gif

We went out last Monday and man were there ducks everywhere, however our display of poor shooting was not a pretty sight. I shot a teal that was buzzing by at Mach 2 and drilled him but I couldn't hit the mallards that cupped in on our dekes. We shot 6 ducks over all and ALOT of shells. It got to the point where we were laughing to hard to hit anything. Went out the next day and hardly saw any birds. I don't know why though......the way we were shooting they would have been safe landing in our spread.

I just got back this morning from a fairly successful duck hunt. We hunt along the Missouri River here in SE South Dakota. Shot 5 scaup, 1 pintail, and 1 teal. Missed a drake mallard and completely blew it on a flock of gaddies. We experience very good waterfowling here and it's just starting. Door is open for anyone wanting to go.
I have a pic somewhere of a double banded duck (one normal band and one reward band) that I shot two years ago. If I find it I'll post.

Tomo

Pupster, how much are you going to get from Uncle Sam from that reward band? It's sweet isn't it? The one and only banded duck I've ever shot was double banded: one of which was $100 reward band. It paid for a dozen new G&H decoys.

kansasbowhunter
where do u hunt in Mizzou? I am heading down Nov. 18-22 to do soem duck hunting at Foutain Grove and since I have never been there I was wondering if u have and can give me any info if u have some.
confused.gif

I hunt in the western part of the state.... Mainly at a refuge called Schell Osage and one called Four Rivers..... I have hunted Fountain Grove a few times, however, it has been 3 years since I was there....

Sorry...

Mark....

Top Bottom