Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dumbest hunting item you have bought?

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
I will have to give it to the fighting purr call from Knight and Hale from years ago. For those that don't know, it was two box calls that you were to use and they made an ungodful noise. Probably scared turkeys, coyotes, and all living things into the next county. Didn't work for me anyway. So great it was never seen in the stores again. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Man I was a sap. Come to mention it, everything they sale is a joke IMO. What is their latest, that bow brace thing that hooks on your arm and stabilizes your arm for shooting? Anybody actually use it and like it?
Alright, what hunting product or products do you feel you got ripped off on?

I owned the original Fightin Purr system... oddly enough it worked great for one season in which my buddies and I killed 3 adult gobblers with it. Then, after that, birds wouldn't respond.

I am so cheap that I rarely buy things on a whim anymore, especially if they're unproven.

That being said the most worthless thing I own is a camo fanny pack back pack combo. The waist strap is not even sewn to the fanny pack so if I load it up with tree steps it simply rolls around the waist strap and dumps stuff out. It's pretty convenient.

I almost bought the "Screaming Peacock" turkey locater. And laughed my ass out of the store when I saw Uncle Ted Nugent's "Wang Dang Sweet Doe Tang" doe estrous lure.

Some of the things they come up with!

I bought one of those optical range finders on ebay. You know one of those that is about a foot long and you get the two images to overlay then look up the distance? By the way, it's for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I almost bought the "Screaming Peacock" turkey locater. </div></div>

Quite a few years back I actually had a bird that would not gobble to anything but a scream from the farmers peacock.

Wool socks, my feet were always cold. And those calenders that told you the best time of the day to fish,.....Ya right! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

The "Deer View Mirror" that straps to the tree so you can see behind you at all times....well, I never bought it, but if I had I'm sure it would be mentioned in this category. Has to be one of the dumbest products I've ever seen offered. I bought a "V" shaped camo pad that straps to your knee with velcro. Supposed to keep your knee comfortable while your turkey gun is resting on it. Tried it at home and thought to myself, "How stupid are you anyway?" still in the bottom drawer of the gun cabinet. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The "Deer View Mirror" that straps to the tree so you can see behind you at all times....well, I never bought it, but if I had I'm sure it would be mentioned in this category. Has to be one of the dumbest products I've ever seen offered. I bought a "V" shaped camo pad that straps to your knee with velcro. Supposed to keep your knee comfortable while your turkey gun is resting on it. Tried it at home and thought to myself, "How stupid are you anyway?" still in the bottom drawer of the gun cabinet. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>LMAO about the gun rest. You know I have used a small 4"X6" handheld mirror with camo duct tape on the back of it many times while on stand to keep me from moving to look behind or to either side of me. Works awesome for certain setups where my movement had to be kept to a minimum and different views needed to be seen. Those rear view strap onto a tree mirrors look like a joke though as too much movement would be required to constantly adjust it.

I don't consider this the dumbest, just didn't know any better, but I have a couple of tubs of camo clothing that I don't wear much anymore because I got some Grey Wolf clothing. I just keep thinking how much more I could have if I had found out about them earlier. Their stuff is great! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Crappy camo is good during turkey season. That's when I really rip the hell out of things.

I would have to say the cough silencer is my most idiotic purchase I've made. Its quieter using your sleeve of your hunting coat!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dog whistle turkey locator </div></div>

I second that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LB RIDGERUNNERS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CMERE DEER SCENT, I HOPE HANK PARKER FALLS OUT OF HIS BOAT FOR THIS ONE. </div></div>

I was surprised to see Michael Waddell endorsing this stuff.

Top Bottom