Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dusk Devil vs. Trophy Ridge

ZG

PMA Member
I'm considering a new bowsite for the upcoming season and am torn between the Trophy Ridge in-line sight and the Montana Black Gold Dusk Devil. Any thoughts??

Muddy will give you a lot of information on the Trophy Ridge. I have always liked the looks of Montana Black gold sights. I have never owned one though. Ton of choices outh there. Don't forget Toxonics, Spott Hogg, Copper John all have some awesome hunting sights out. Good luck.

For what it's worth I shoot a Trophy Ridge. It works great for me. I love the verticle pins. Like all things that you buy for your bow it isn't for everyone. I suggest you go to a bow shop and try some sights out to see what you like best.

Happy hunting!

A buddy of mine has a dusk devil good looking sight, but the plastic pins may be a bit flimsy. We have had a lot of trophy ridge sights break a our shop, hopfuly they have fixed this problem. In my opinion, I have a hard time recomending any sight other than the spot hogg. In four year of use i've never been dissatisfied.
waytogo.gif

i have had the trophy ridge for two years and i switch from toxonic and i will never go back tr is great in low light
rockband.gif

I shoot with a Trophy Ridge Matrix. I have to say that I think these sights are pretty great. I really like the fact that it takes me only a moment to change the yardages on my pins without any tools at all. If I change the set-up on my bow, or am shooting long distance 3-D shoots, it takes only a sec. to adjust whatever pin you want. The in-line pins also seem to be an advantage for me, for some reason it just seems easier for me to hold a pin on target. You'll have to do some checking on this, but I think Trophy Ridge might be using steel in-line pins now on their new sights. I'm not for sure, but I think I read that somewhere.
Good luck with whatever you get.
CRITRGITR

trophy ridge matrix for me. gotta be careful setting them up so the fiber optics are out of the arrow flight path. once you get that accomplished you're in business. i believe the new TR sights have metal pin holder thingys so they're stronger. the dusk devil is great also, i just like the in line pin formation, it doesn't block hardly anything of the target you're aiming at which is VERY nice. either one of these sights seem to be extremely bright in low light situations, my suggestion would be to buy both of them and take them both home and try them both out. then take the one you like least back to the store. i know we do that A LOT at scheels so long as they bring everything back in working order and the packaging isn't destroyed.

Top Bottom