Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Early Muzzleloader Doe Tag?

luvtohunt

I would like to get a early muzzleloader doe tag, however when I try to buy one, the computer will not let the transaction go through. The county I am trying to buy one from still has over 1000 tags available. Anyone know a reason why the system won't let the tag through?

Thanks,

If you've already purchased your any sex tag for early muzzy I'd try again. I bought an extra doe tag last night at the store with no problems (sometimes is the person operating the licensing system), but bought my any sex and first doe tag online. Others have been having some issues getting tags this year. The system could use some improvements going into next year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you've already purchased your any sex tag for early muzzy I'd try again. I bought an extra doe tag last night at the store with no problems (sometimes is the person operating the licensing system), but bought my any sex and first doe tag online. Others have been having some issues getting tags this year. The system could use some improvements going into next year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif</div></div>

I bought 1 anterless early muzz the other day. I had no problem.

Do you have to have purchased an any sex tag first? I thought you could just get a doe tag? How do you buy tags online?

Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtohunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have to have purchased an any sex tag first? I thought you could just get a doe tag? How do you buy tags online?

Thanks again. </div></div>

To purchase an antlerless early muzzy tag you must first buy a statewide any sex early muzz tag unless you are a landowner. Those tags are sold out however.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> To purchase an antlerless early muzzy tag you must first buy a statewide any sex early muzz tag unless you are a landowner. Those tags are sold out however. </div></div>

Yep

I don't muzzy hunt, but this doesn't make sense to me. If a guy doesn't care about shooting a buck and wants to buy a doe only tag and just fill his freezer with meat, why wont the DNR allow this? It seems to me this would be great for herd management. Am I missing something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't muzzy hunt, but this doesn't make sense to me. If a guy doesn't care about shooting a buck and wants to buy a doe only tag and just fill his freezer with meat, why wont the DNR allow this? It seems to me this would be great for herd management. Am I missing something? </div></div>

I think part of it is a party hunting issue. Early muzz guys must tag their own deer. If a guy only has a doe tag and a giant steps out....well, he can't use his buddies buck tag like shot-gunners can. I think they also want to keep the numbers of gun hunters to a minimum since bow season is under way. I'm not saying its right, JMTC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't muzzy hunt, but this doesn't make sense to me. If a guy doesn't care about shooting a buck and wants to buy a doe only tag and just fill his freezer with meat, why wont the DNR allow this? It seems to me this would be great for herd management. Am I missing something? </div></div>

I think they also want to keep the numbers of gun hunters to a minimum since bow season is under way. </div></div>

Exactly!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't muzzy hunt, but this doesn't make sense to me. If a guy doesn't care about shooting a buck and wants to buy a doe only tag and just fill his freezer with meat, why wont the DNR allow this? It seems to me this would be great for herd management. Am I missing something? </div></div>

I think part of it is a party hunting issue. Early muzz guys must tag their own deer. If a guy only has a doe tag and a giant steps out....well, he can't use his buddies buck tag like shot-gunners can. I think they also want to keep the numbers of gun hunters to a minimum since bow season is under way. I'm not saying its right, JMTC </div></div>

I'm still not understanding the logic behind this. I'm sure I'm way off and backwards on something here. So instead of the guy just being able to shoot and doe for the meat, the DNR wants the guy to be able to shoot that buck when it steps out? To me this seems backwards to thier concern about the high doe population. I would think they would be happy to sell just a doe only tag. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif My brain hurts. I need to hunt! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

180class,
I think what the DNR is saying is that if you want to hunt the early MZ season, buy an anysex tag of which we are only going to sell 7,500 of to keep the number of hunters low since bow season is open. If you have an early MZ anysex tag, buy a bunch of MZ doe tags which doesn't increase the number of hunters yet kills does. If you just want to kill does, nothing is stopping you from buying a couple antlerless archery doe tags. Problem solved. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Valid point. I'm guessing Skully's theory about limiting the # of gunners afield during bowhunting is the primary reason. Same reason why bow season shuts down during shotgun. There'd be a lot of ticked off bowhunters if they shut it down for a week in October or didn't start bow until the last week of Oct so I think they're trying to work them in together while still maintaining a reasonable safety factor. Just my hunch.

Are you trying to purchase it with a home computer?

If this is the case I don't think the system will let you purchase a tag this close to the season...wouldn't be enough time to get the tag mailed to you.

If you meant the computer at the store then disregard the above opinion.

You can get landowner depredation doe tags for early muzzy without the any deer tag. I'm about to head out to try and fill one :)

NWBuck

Top Bottom