Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Early Strutting

I

iowalongbeard

Someone just sent this photo in...

uploadedturkey%203.jpg

Great photo, I'm getting real excited!
Where was this picture taken?

Upper Iowa River that is. Looks like my back yard the other morning? Not! I actually saw my first birds here in WI the other day when loking for sheds. Walked up with in 60 yards of 3 nice long beards. Those were the first birds I have seen around our farm. I have seen a few just driving around but not on the farm for some reason. Thinking they may still be bunched up somewhere, photo here makes me think that a little more too.

Good Luck hunting everyone!

OLE

man, that pic looks like it was taken out of a tree stand or off a back deck! those jakes certainly look like they're ready for spring, i'd bet that they won't be that bold when the big boys start playing the same game.

Here is the story behind the pic:

This photo was taken on Wednesday morning, not Tuesday morning as the camera shows. It was in Hardin County along the Iowa River. Some of our friends threw out some old Kix cereal, apparently for the squirrels. It didn't take long for the turkeys to find it. This is only a portion of them, we counted 31. As you can see from the pic the gobblers were in "pre-rut" form.
I also attached another cool photo of the dominant Tom.

Thanks,

Chad Christensen
Alden, Iowa

uploadedEarlyStrutting.jpg

[This message has been edited by iowalongbeard (edited 03-14-2002).]

Those are some awesome photos you've got there!!! It's hard to believe spring is just around the corner, but I'm more than ready. I've heard reports that birds are already strutting around too, but I have yet to witness this myself. As nice as the weather's been though, it can see why. The turkeys are probably just as ready for spring as we are!

Good huntin'!!!

longspurs

Those are some awesome photos you've got there!!! It's hard to believe spring is just around the corner, but I'm more than ready. I've heard reports that birds are already strutting around too, but I have yet to witness this myself. As nice as the weather's been though, it can see why. The turkeys are probably just as ready for spring as we are!

Good huntin'!!!

longspurs

Top Bottom