Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ears Are Ringing

smokepole

Anyone ever get "muzzleblast"? I was in a duck boat this weekend and had a shot go off right by my ear and it is still ringing. Will this go away?

If it is still ringing a couple of days later I would go see a doctor about it. Don't mess around with your hearing and eyesight.

BTW - you may want to do a safety review with your duck hunting friends. Muzzleblast isn't a long ways off from getting your head shot off. I have yet to see a duck worth that!

Good luck and be careful.

I have a friend that is 39 and he has a consant ringing in his ears from gunfire.He wishes now that he had had some protection or even a little kleenex to put in his ear.So when I go shooting I always use plugs.Better check with a doctor my friend didn't. Hopeing the best for you.

I also suffer from the constant ringing. Go see the doc if you want it will go away but you've done some damage. I have shot my whole life skeet, trap, spoting clays you name it I always wore ear protection. I have also hunted all of my life and never wore protection! My Doc. told me anytime you get your ears "rung" you've done permanent damage. Whether it be from a loud concert or running a jackhammer all day. Typically most right handed shooters have left ear damage, because that is the ear that is exposed to the muzzle and visa,versa for left handed shooters. I'm just about deaf in my left ear. Of course my wife just says I'm deaf.
Pupster

I actually went to the doctor on Monday and she said the there was some inflamation causing the ringing and she gave me some medicine to reduce the swelling. She said that it should take a week or so for the ringing to go away. I just wanted to check to see if this has happened to anyone else. BTW- I will not be hunting with those people again. I actually made them take me home right after it happened.

Top Bottom