Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Electricity addict

Rudd

Life Member
I have to confess.....me and my family are electricity junkies. We were without power most of today, we were having some major flashbacks to last winter. Timberpig set me up with a connection last time and bought installed a generator. I bought all the goodies to wire an 220 outlet at the meter pole. For some reason I never got around to installing it. Misplaced the cord for wiring it direct to the loop. McGivered another (110) cord and got the furnace and a couple other items on.....then (thank the big man upstairs) the power came back on. This ice rain SUCKS!
cold.jpg

Ditto Rudd, but we don't have it as bad as you here. It sucks because it is here to deal with for the rest of the winter most likely unless we get alot of abnormally warm days. BTW didn't you drive anywhere today, I guess with a Jeep you had to stay home. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> McGivered...... </div></div>

nice word!!!

I feel your pain Rudd

You werent alone Ruddly, I know a bunch of people who bought generators during the last storm and they were all scrambling again to get them "McGivered", lol. For once, I was on the ball and wired mine up properly this summer. Fired up the generator, flipped a couple breakers, and I was back in buisness. The convienence was well worth the extra wiring.

BTW, I like the new hunting rig.

I went home from work yesterday at 10am because the power was out. I have thousands of koi fish inside for the winter in my greenhouse, so lack of oxygen would definetly be a problem.

I have a 6800watt generator that I bought last year. I haven't got the switches in (yet) to plug it into the entire house so I was also doing drop cords.

Power was only out for 4 hours, but we got to live relatively normal. Watched a DVD on the big-screen, etc... I live out in the country and have my own well, so without power, we don't have any water either.

Gotta get that switch wired...

Top Bottom