Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

elimitic?

loneranger

Anyone ever use Elimitic clothing? I assume the clothing is treated with the P-substance. I have bought the P-Liquid and sprayed clothing myself but am never sure how much to apply or how strong a solution to use.

Never heard of Elimitic. But do use Permethrin to treat all my work, hunting, and fishing clothes in the spring, summer and fall. Sawyers has a premade solution or if you buy it in bulk online it will tell you how strong to mix it

I turkey hunted last spring in the Gamehide Elimitick bundle(socks, pants, shirt, facemark, hat), and I hate to sound like a shill, but I couldn't believe how effective it was. One day I wore just the Elimitick socks under a different pair of Permethrin sprayed pants and had a line of seed ticks right above the sock line but nothing on the socks themselves. I'm a believer.

Dunno if works. I haven’t heard of it either. If it works - awesome, that’s a major “safety issue”. Permethrin always has a place in my arsenal too but if it does work- that’s safety gear worth paying for. Things are wicked little buggers that mess ur life up if u get lymes or RMSF.

Fyi..... a years worth of protection (easy, plus $1 for a spray bottle if needed) for bout $20....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004...permethrin&dpPl=1&dpID=41XO4IbOymL&ref=plSrch

Last edited:
I agree. Anything that works is worth it. Lymes, RMSF, and the Lonestar tick give me the willys. I like beef too much to not try to prevent those little devils from getting on me.

been reading around. Seems the right ratio when using the concentrate about 20 to 1. Does that seem right? 20 oz water to 1 oz of P......?

been reading around. Seems the right ratio when using the concentrate about 20 to 1. Does that seem right? 20 oz water to 1 oz of P......?
.5% is the concentrate I pulled up for the Premixed sprays you can buy.
So, obviously some simple math on whatever concentrated level you buy into whatever size container you get. Saves some serious cash & works amazing using the concentrate & treating clothes- I do socks, shoes, drench pants, shirts, etc & let em dry and have 0 ticks or chiggers on me.

Anyone get buzzed when they used the Sawyers pre-mix. I used it 2 years back and felt like I had drank about 4 beers in 30 minutes most of the day. Not sure if it was just a rough night or if it was effecting me.

Kratz

Anyone get buzzed when they used the Sawyers pre-mix. I used it 2 years back and felt like I had drank about 4 beers in 30 minutes most of the day. Not sure if it was just a rough night or if it was effecting me.

Kratz

Did you apply it to your skin? I believe all of the permetherin sprays I know of are not for direct skin application. Now if you sprayed it on your clothing and still were affected...I could believe that, but I wouldn't consider that normal.

Must spray io clothes and let it dry. I have never had any sort of reaction to it. It does work!

Top Bottom