Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Encore 209 or Omega

scout

I'm considering a new ML. I'm a T/C fan. I've been shooting a 50cal. I'm toying with the idea of an Onega 45cal. They are hard to find in stock! Anyone shoot either an Encore ofr Omega?

I just got back from my deer hunt in Iowa and while I was there my hunting partner picked up his new Omega. Didn' get to shoot it but he is very picky about his firearms and says he can't wait til late season.

Scout-

I have shot the encore last year on several occasions and it was a very accurate easy to use weapon. You may save a little money on the omega, but I talked with a guy that works at Ames outdoor and he said out of the three they sold one has already had to be sent back. I guess they tried to get them out of the factory a little quick this year. If you look at the Omega observe how how the attachment to the barrel is fairly flimsy. I know the encore doesn't have that problem. You can also buy interchangable barrels for the encore which make it a little more versatile. Just my two cents worth.

the encore is a good gun, especially with the interchangeable barrel option but it is not very watertight since it breaks open like it does. you have to be very careful if the weather is on the nasty side.

I would think a 209 primer would hold up better than a #11 in wet conditions. True or false?
Ya, that 454 casull would be a cool bear pistola' and the carbine 25-06 would be a great coyote/pronghorn gun.

I'm wondering how efficient the primer extractor works.

Top Bottom