Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Encore and heavy trigger pull ??

Rackaddict

Life Member
I bought an Encore in a .280 caliber this fall. I like it except for the trigger. It's very heavy for my taste. I prefer something lighter, not dangerous, but lighter than factory. I know factory triggers are set heavier due to the fear of lawsuits by accidental firing, but unless I'm at the range sighting in and have a good rest, I'm less than dead on when in the field. My Ruger was even worse but I had the trigger worked on it several years ago by a reliable gunsmith and friend who has since passed away. It's a tack driver now and I wish I could get the T/C shooting the same way.

My question is, are there any after market adjustable triggers available for a T/C Encore or do I have to find someone who will work on a trigger for me again?

I think I have a link somewhere that has a do it yourself version of lightning the trigger. I would never attempt it but some McGiver's would.

BELLM

this wasn't the original one....it was free....still looking.

Call T/C. We sent ours in to have them lighten the trigger. It will help some but it may not be as light as your are hoping for. Its worth a call though to talk to somebody there.

I know several guys who shoot the T/C Encore. All of them complain about the trigger weight.

By chance does Timney make a after market trigger for the Encore?

I had a couple gun smiths look at the one I use to have. Both said the metal was to soft to shave anything off to lighten the trigger. It can be done, but I dont think anyone will guarantee the work. You are dead right though about it being way to heavy. Mine was 9 pounds, it needs to be around 2.5 to 3 to be a good rifle. However, I kind of found that the barrels were not that great either. I had a 22-250 that was decent, but I couldnt ever really get it down to a 1 inch group at 100 yards.

[ QUOTE ]
it needs to be around 2.5 to 3 to be a good rifle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that. I had my Ruger taken down to 3 lbs. and love it. Just wish I could get the T/C working the same. So far my groups stink. Well, we'll call them "groups" for lack of a better term.
crazy.gif
I haven't experimented with many different rounds yet. Maybe I'll find one that my gun likes. That still won't help the trigger but I'm hopeful.

I checked Timney but they don't have a trigger for the T/C.

I bought my wife an Encore W/20 ga barrel, used a few weeks ago. There must have been trigger work done it is sweet single stage hair trigger, so it is possible, wish I could tell you who did it.
confused.gif

Sorry, missed that one Rudd. Do it yourself will be good enough for most applications. But the price isn't bad for the full treatment.

Thanks guys. That is EXACTLY the information I was looking for. Now the question is. What poundage trigger would you recommend. I'm thinking 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. Any opinions?

I had mine sent off to Mike and he did a great job. He installed a heavier spring to reduce lock time and worked the trigger to 2.5 pounds. He will go to any poundage you feel comfortable with. Well worth the price if you like the Encore.

I think after Christmas I'll send it in, that is, if I don't owe to much for taxes!
frown.gif
I think a 2.5 lb. trigger would be the ticket.

Top Bottom