Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Endangered Species

halielynn1

I am begining to worry about our deer population here in Iowa. I own 60 acres in Eastern Iowa and have about 4 acres of biologic planted. I also have 2 acres of corn standing and 1 acre of sorghum.

Since the 1st shotgun season, I have not seen a deer on my property. Nobody has hunted it including myself. I have had my camera's out for the last 3 weeks and have Coyote's, Fox, and Turkey's. Not a single deer.

Last night I drove around 12 square miles looking for a group of deer thinking that they are bunched up. Again, not a single deer and that's over 12 square miles.

I think the DNR bioloists have finally got their wish. Kill all the deer.

It's a shame that I try to attract deer to my porperty and cannot do so.

If someone has a picture of a Whitetail Deer, please send me one. I would expect an announcement by the IDNR about placing the Whitetail Deer on the Endangered Species List. I hope they do it soon enough before they become exstinct.

I dunno.....

I took a 15 mile drive in the country this afternoon around 2:30. I saw one group of six, two groups of four, a group of three and a pair. There was a decent buck in the group of six and another decent buck in one of the groups of four.

All the deer were either bedded or standing out in the wide open in the middle of huge fields. I think they like the ability to see for some distance after getting bushwhacked so much lately.

I wouldn't throw in the towel on the deer herd just yet.

Just got home from Ice fishing and seen 34 deer in one wide open baseball field down by the Nauvoo grape vines. It drew quite a crowd out to take pictures. Not a single buck in the group. Seen a big buck this morning bedded in some small cedars along Highway 61. Might have to skip icefishing and do some hunting tomorrow.

Top Bottom