Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Estes park

mudingbuck

PMA Member
Hey guys. a few years back someone on IW lead me to a great lodge near yellow stone, sooooooo, I am hoping someone knows of a great place to stay near Estes Park in Colorado. This time all of the in laws will be joining us. 8 adults plus 2 little ones. Anything helps. Thanks guys!

I am also heading out to Estes this summer. We used homeway.com and found a house to rent for the week. Lots of options and sizes depending on what time you are looking for. There were a couple other sites for rental properties when i did a google search as well. In the past I have had friends stay at the YMCA camp in estes, they have pretty nice cabins with lots of activities. Hope this helps.

My wife and I stayed is Estes for our honeymoon. We stayed at streamside on fall river. They don't have anything big enough for your group. Along with homeaway I would suggest VRBO.com for finding a place.

Was just in Estes park 2 summers ago with the family. My recommendation is do a lot of checking around. We stayed for 10 days. (The last three were just an extention on the trip) we had to search around a little bit but we found some pretty decent deals. For some pretty big houses. We went to yellow stone, there was a very big heirem. 6 bulls. 1 absolute giant they were amazing. We got within 50 yards of the giant. He was so big that we re probably a half mile away and u could see his rack very clearly from that far.

Estes park is where I got engaged last summer- amazing place. Some amazing places to eat right t the base of the mountains there by the entrance to Estes

I too will be in Estes Park this summer, over the 4th actually for my step sisters wedding. Lots of places are filling up for the 4th. I really don't wanna go outside of Estes park as most places are at least an hours drive or greater away from Estes park.

The Comfort Inn on Big Thompson Ave. Two story suites available with great mountain views. Great rates and blocks from the lake and golf course. Also many times elk are on the grounds just below our balcany.

Last edited:
If you have time, look up Kirk's Mountain adventures. I've used him a few times for flyfishing trips in the park...Kirk is simply a phenomenal guide. If you can't get him, ask for his wife Lori. If fly fishing isn't your thing they also do horseback and hiking adventures into the high country.

Check out Rams Horn Village Resort. They are west of town just before the RMNP entrance. Great location to be in the summer. They have modern cabins along with a clubhouse, pool and hot tubs. Pricey but most places will be during their peak season. We have been staying there for almost 15 years. October is my favorite time to visit but that doesn't work well with the school schedules! Now we just go one week in the summer.

We have done the Estes Park trip several times and eventually tired of the crowds with every animal we spotted. We started staying in the back side of the Rocky Mt Ntl Forest in Grand Lake. Found much less crowds, more elk and moose and better lodging rates. Tons of hiking options there as well. That is where we go now. I wouldn't be afraid to stay in Grandby either. It is a ski town and the ski lodges are very reasonable in the non ski season.

Droptines,

Wife just looked up comfort inn on big Thompson ave.. King bed, standard room.. $258 a night! youch!!!

Yeah; they have raised their rates sharply over last year. I knew something would change after the place has had no vacancies the second week of September for the last several years. I usually book for a week 6 to 8 months in advance. May be looking elsewhere for this year. Last year was complete madness with the crowds in Estes Park.

I am out in the Estes Park area quite a bit, I have family in Fort Collins. Get up and go into the park early. The crowds will be a lot smaller, and you should beat the motorcycle groups and RVs trying to make it over the pass. I personally like the West side of the mountains, Grand Lake side, better. Seems like the crowds are less. The town of Estes straight up a tourist trap. I wouldn't buy anything there, you can find the same stuff off the mountain for half to three times less. 4th of July is one of the busiest times of year there.

Top Bottom