Ever notice??

Danno1956

I have owned 3 Mathews bows and now my Bowtech 82nd Airborne which have the roller guide instead of the cable slide. What I have noticed is that when they are tuned in and shooting good that my sight, string, and arrow don't line up. If I look at the bow from behind the arrow is considerably to the left of center. I noticed it the other day on my brothers Switchback also. I looked at my Bowtech Commander which has a cable slide and everything is perfectly in line. Anyone else ever notice this? I was speaking to a Hoyt rep. this past spring and he pointed it out but I didn't pay too much attention to it until recently. He said that it is a common on roller guide bows, but if he said why I guess I wasn't listening. He said that if Hoyt goes to a roller guide bow that he would give up on Hoyts. Guess he wasn't too impressed with it. Not sure why. Anyone have any answers?

Did anyone look at thier bow to see if I'm the only one in the world whose bows have been like this? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

When I got my 101st airborne I second guessed the setup and since the sight did not line up with the string/arrow...Well I lined it all up by looking and adjusting til everything visually lined up. Then to the paper for tuning and put it right back where it was originally sorry for doubting you Boyd! I learned my lesson it took forever to get it tuned...

Good point I wondered the same thing!

My Outback, and new DXT have been that way. {Both have rollers instead of a cable slide.

Line the arrow shaft, string and pins up. And the arrow is way to left of center. But it shoots so I dont question it.

I did ask the guy that does my bow work, he said the majority of the bows he works on are NOT lined up. He said when he sets a bow up thats how he sets all the sights/rests combos up is in line then starts tuning and sighting them in.

Dean

I was just curious if anyone knew why this is. As I mentioned I looked at my Commander with the cable slide and everything is in line. Probably doesn't make any difference on how they shoot, just curious.

Back