Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fall harvest

The yields will be higher than they thought in some areas. I do know of areas in Minnesota where they will not get any crop at all . It’s burnt up brown ! Lighter soils, no irrigation.

No doubt dry overall in the Midwest !

The rain must have fallen in the perfect amount on just the right days here, planted on the day recommended by Farmers Almanac, the moon aligned with my Zodiac stars, perfect hybrid for my soil type and the weather pattern of this year, best planting date, correct depth and population, great weed control, proper fertilization, Corn is standing perfectly straight and not an ear on the ground, Many, Many years of NoTill helped hold in the moisture and just some pure luck because i am getting close to 40 bushel per acre more than my best year ever on this farm. Truly Blessed to have a crop like I have coming in and yet feel bad for those with a less than stelar crop because i have for sure been there many times..

The rain must have fallen in the perfect amount on just the right days here, planted on the day recommended by Farmers Almanac, the moon aligned with my Zodiac stars, perfect hybrid for my soil type and the weather pattern of this year, best planting date, correct depth and population, great weed control, proper fertilization, Corn is standing perfectly straight and not an ear on the ground, Many, Many years of NoTill helped hold in the moisture and just some pure luck because i am getting close to 40 bushel per acre more than my best year ever on this farm. Truly Blessed to have a crop like I have coming in and yet feel bad for those with a less than stelar crop because i have for sure been there many times..
That's awesome! I heard of some very high estimates from Northern Mo. Waiting to see if they come true. One of my tenants started harvesting, said he had a market for wet corn, 17-21% is what he's seeing. Also said it was "dirty corn" not sure what that means tho. Can someone educate me on that?

That's awesome! I heard of some very high estimates from Northern Mo. Waiting to see if they come true. One of my tenants started harvesting, said he had a market for wet corn, 17-21% is what he's seeing. Also said it was "dirty corn" not sure what that means tho. Can someone educate me on that?
I have seen corn get disease bad in it late where it makes a black dust cloud when combining it. Covers the combine in what almost looks like soot. Could be what he is referring to?

My neighbor cut the corn down the road last week and said it was terrible. A light rain shower we got let a mold grow on the leaves he said. It dries and is some nasty stuff…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting ideas. Next time I see him, I'll ask him what he meant by it. Never heard the term before

Talked to a farmer this weekend- we had rain finally roll through but it actually LEVELED his field, snapped off almost every single corn stalk. It was so dry before.
Talked to my feed salesman, they started corn and it was coming out of the field anywhere between 13-15 percent, but his neighbor was pulling it out at 32% moisture... No one around here bragging about a surplus of crops.

Top Bottom