Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fall Kills Hunter

blake

Life Member
Hunter Killed Falling From Tree Stand

MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa (AP) - Iowa authorities are investigating the death of a hunter who appeared to have fallen from his tree stand in Henry County.

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says 38-year-old Clint Michael Lawrence was found dead near Mount Pleasant around 8:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Authorities say it looks like Lawrence fell 17 feet from his tree stand while he was deer hunting. Lawrence was from Vinton, Iowa.

The man killed lives 5 minutes from me. Its an eye opener of what can happen. Always wear your harness guys. Prayers to his family

blake said:
Hunter Killed Falling From Tree Stand

MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa (AP) - Iowa authorities are investigating the death of a hunter who appeared to have fallen from his tree stand in Henry County.

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says 38-year-old Clint Michael Lawrence was found dead near Mount Pleasant around 8:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Authorities say it looks like Lawrence fell 17 feet from his tree stand while he was deer hunting. Lawrence was from Vinton, Iowa.

Prayers to family! Stay safe out there fellas!

The man killed lives 5 minutes from me. Its an eye opener of what can happen. Always wear your harness guys. Prayers to his family

I agree, this is a sad deal, I am sorry to hear this and we all need to remind each other to be safe while hunting. Although this is definitely second hand information, I did hear that this man was actually wearing a harness. If so, I am not sure what went wrong.

Although this is definitely second hand information, I did hear that this man was actually wearing a harness. If so, I am not sure what went wrong.
I am a ground to platform locked in hunter 95% of the time. There are a few trees that the rope just isn't friendly and lock on at the top...same goes with ladder stands. I have also unlocked myself for a moment if I think it the strap will hinder my shot. It will be the 5% of the time that will get me and maybe that was the case with this hunter. Hope the best for his family.

I agree, this is a sad deal, I am sorry to hear this and we all need to remind each other to be safe while hunting. Although this is definitely second hand information, I did hear that this man was actually wearing a harness. If so, I am not sure what went wrong.

I was told the same. Climber and bow at the bottom of the tree and I was told he was wearing a harness the rest is in question??

Horrible deal no matter what happened the end result is the same. :(

Unfortunate deal. Anyone know anything about his family? If he had one? Hope there are no kiddos left behind.
Although 17 feet is a long way, you'd have to hit in a really bad way to die from that fall I would think.

I am a ground to platform locked in hunter 95% of the time. There are a few trees that the rope just isn't friendly and lock on at the top...same goes with ladder stands. I have also unlocked myself for a moment if I think it the strap will hinder my shot. It will be the 5% of the time that will get me and maybe that was the case with this hunter. Hope the best for his family.

You got that right. A guy my uncle knows unhooked himself to lean over to the next trunk over to help his daughter screw in a tree step. He slipped and nose dived 20feet and is now paralyzed. If he wouldn't of unhooked himself he would be fine. This just happened a couple weeks ago.

thoughts and prayers to the family.

I also heard that he had a harness on and somehow got tangled up. Not real sure what happened. Some sources say it is still under investigation

Top Bottom