Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fall Plot

I have two plots all tilled and ready to plant, both are new this year and each is on a separate farm.

I need help with what to plant!

On farm "A" I have a 1 acre plot of solid Ladino Clover that was established last year, and the new plot is roughly 300 yards away and I have about 2 acres tilled up. About 100yards away from this new 2acre plot is the neighbors ag field that is corn this year but he rotates every year.

On farm "B" I have roughly 6acres of crp and I have tilled about 1/2 acre on the timber side of the crp field. This field has a small creek behind it and then an ag field that is beans this year but rotates every year.

Any other info needed just ask, thanks for the help guys

Rye is usual for the first of Sept. Whatever you plant,,you might have some rain Friday afternoon. After that expect heat and dry all next week.

Oats and Winter Wheat, are also considered fall crops,,though I have been told plain ole rye is more desired by deer. Radish,Turnip, kinda late now. A lot depends on the weather. Will it be warm thru Sept=Oct, or cooler? Always good to get something planted ahead of a sure rain,,but Sept and Oct ,tend dry. Friday SE Iowa may get rain, but that will be it for next week.

Top Bottom