Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Familiar Story

R

Rae

My morning started out very brightly from the light of the full moon. By the time the sun had come up I hadn't seen hide nor hair of any deer. I saw plenty of squirrels though. As I was getting chewed out by a large red male squirrel I looked down the path and this doe was walking down it. I got ready and drew on her. BAM! The arrow flew true, but she was slightly farther away than I thought and I shot a little low. She immediately took a nose dive into the dirt and plowed though the brush. I watched as she circled the tree, getting slower by the second. She ran about 50 yards and stopped, did a death weave and fell, right behind a brush pile. Since I knew where she was and couldn't hear any thrashing or other noise, I waited for about 15 minutes to climb down. After that it was a piece of cake!

This doe did exactly what DoubleDropTines buck did. I even shot her in the exact same spot. Not too bad for 1 stand on 2 different weekends!

5457DSC00057-med.JPG

NOW IT'S ON TO THE BIG BOYS!!
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom