Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite broadheads??

Shoot2Kill

Hello all, as I prepare for my move back to the midwest this summer I find myself wondering what are the current favorite broadheads on the market now. I've only bowhunted moose during my time in Alaska and have kind of fallen out of the bowhunting world. What are your favorites? Fixed, mechanical, cut on impact, 3 blade, 4 blade, grain weight, etc?? Pros and Cons? Thank you! Happy New Year to everyone.

Hard to beat the Muzzy 3 blader. Fixed heads for me and deer. Going to try expandables this spring on turkey, but plan on sticking with fixed heads for deer.

Well, I am kind of dated. My favorites remain to be the old wasp cam-loc broadheads. I came across a great deal on about 20 broadheads and tons of replacement blades so that is what I will likely continue to use for several more years.

A few years ago I tried an overdraw with lighter arrows and vortex mechanical broadheads. They worked fine, except no pass through resulted in a poor blood trails and the 1 time the coyotes found my deer before I did, I went back to fixed blades.

I think the fixed thunderheads are hard to beat, as are muzzys. I have been thinking of trying the wasp jackhammers.

IaCraig

I've always kind of been a thunderhead guy myself. I used a 125 grain t-head last year on my bow kill moose and he went 39 yards and hit the ground literally like a ton of bricks. It was a quartering away shot from the ground, the arrow went in the back of the right lung, through the left lung, and completely imbedded in the left front shoulder and he sheared the arrow off when he bolted after the shot. I originally thought the broadhead came out on the other side and the bull broke it off when he landed on the ground, but the butcher found it while carving him up and she had to dig it out of the bone. I had already put that front quarter in a game bag by the time I started looking for it. So I'll probaby continue with the thunderheads next fall. Thanks guys!

I shoot 100gr Spitfires. I have heard a lot of guys complain about the Spitfire's failure to open on impact, I personally have never had that happen. I have taken my last 5 deer with the Spitfire's and always had a pass-through and always had a 3-cut exit wound . 4 of the 5 deer taken with those broadheads were beyond 30 yards when I let the arrow go, so penetration wasn't a problem. There may be a lot of guys that have prob's with mechanicals, but I think they work great!

This year I switched from Rocket Steelhead 100 expandables to NAP Crossfire. Didn't like the flight of the Crossfires or the price. I then switched to the 100 gr. 4 blade Slick Trick fixed and have taken (3) deer with them. Good blood trails and quick kills. Flies like my field tips. Much sturdier broadhead than the Steelhead expandables I've been using for the past 5-6 yrs.

100 gr Spitfires for both deer and turkey. I have also use 3 blade muzzys when shootiing through a net in the blind. My boys realy like the muzzys.

You guys ever seen a blood trail from a Magnus Snuffer?
grin.gif
Looks like a crime scene.

4-blade, 100gr. muzzy's...shot a doe last night with one....clean pass through like always...the doe went about 60 yards and fell over dead. The price isn't to bad on them either.

Top Bottom