Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite Season?

H

hunter_11

Hey everyone.... I was just wondering what season you all preferred for them spring gobblers. I think ill be hunting second if my schedule works out. I was just curious to what everyone thinks about the different seasons.

I hunt 2nd season with 3 other buddies of mine and then usually hunt 4th back at home by myself or with my brother-in-law. I would have to say I like 2nd a little better....but I also like the long season length of 4th. Have been successful in both.

I would hunt them all if I could, but I go 1st and 4th! First is good because you can pattern the birds, like deer hunting. Fourth is good because you can call birds. I like to go out with friends during the other seasons!

Here in NY we don't have like a bunch of seasons, we just have fall season and spring season and you can use both gun and bow but I stick to my shotgun,lol! The spring season here runs May 1-31 and I can't stand the suspense,lol!!! Good luck everyone!

...lately I have hunted first and fourth seasons...though, if I had to stick to just a single season I would choose 4th...there is more time and I don't feel as rushed...in my experience the birds are often more willing to come to a call during the fourth season as well...

First season. Virgin birds and low pressure.

The only downside is extreme weather conditions. Two years ago opening day was below zero stuff, and last year we topped out around 90 degrees.

NWBuck

Top Bottom