Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite Shoulder Mount Pose?

I was starting to decide what pose I would like to put my archery deer in this year on the wall and I'm having a tough time deciding. Figured I would come to you guys and gals for a little input. This deer will be my second for the wall, and scores about 20" better than the other I have on the wall now. With that being said, I need a pose that will show off his width (22"+) and his tine length as well (10"+ 2's and 3's). I was thinking a semi-sneak pose, but the more I look at full sneaks and offset sneaks, the more I start to question what exactly will make him look best.

I'll include pictures of the deer that I already have on the wall and pictures of my harvest to help out a little bit instead of having to use your imagination. I want something different than what is already on the wall to help the two stand out from each other.

Any input, and pictures would be greatly appriciated! :way:

Last year's late muzzleloader deer (144")

481037_579971077539_509433881_n.jpg

This year's bow harvest (165 6/8")

542835_588938207339_1886288024_n.jpg

531006_588938242269_1091931881_n.jpg

nice deer, mine last year was wide and i went semi sneak with turn. think it looks great. never get a mount done straight on in my opinion. here is a neat looking one i might try on my next one. (whenever that might be) also look on the popular taxidermy websites (mckenzie and what not) you can view all the different forms they make.
picture.php

Ask your taxidermist what he/she reccomends. If they have any artistic talent (& all the good ones do), they will be able to help you out. That said most taxis HATE to do full upright straight mounts as they find them boring, uninspired and don't showcase either the deer or their talants. Good decision to have to make. With a great buck like that there are no bad choices. Congrats!

A full sneak, preferably offset shoulder for a little style with the ears slightly back will be your best bet to show off width.. theres a reason that joe meder loves using it as well as myself.. a full upright takes away everything.. it shows off the neck too much and tends to "shrink" the rack.. semi sneaks are a happy medium

IMO, a wide rack owns the full sneak. I think a tall skinny rack with this pose makes the rack look smaller for some reason. I had a wide 8 done a few years back and absolutely love the full sneak for this particular deer.

picture.php

nice deer, mine last year was wide and i went semi sneak with turn. think it looks great. never get a mount done straight on in my opinion. here is a neat looking one i might try on my next one. (whenever that might be) also look on the popular taxidermy websites (mckenzie and what not) you can view all the different forms they make.
picture.php

I have this exact mount but facing the opposite direction. It looks great! Out of my 3 deer mounted, this one is by far the best.

Top Bottom