Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Feather or vanes flecthing? Which do u like?

N

NEARK0607

I have always shot feathers up to last season and switched to blazers last season. Liked them ok but probably going back to feathers this season just cause I like them better. Alittle more trouble in wet weather but thats ok. Just wanted to know what ya'll used and why?

I originally swithced to blazers when I shot a whisker bisquit because they were more dependaple shooting through the 'whiskers'. Since then I've swithced to a fall away rest but still like the durability of the blazers. I haven't had one warp like a convential vane either - just don't see how it could happen. Plus, I think they look cool /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I'd like to try my hand at making my own feathers - someone posted a very thorough step by step guide to doing this yourself (DOR maybe?) Someday, if I receive clearance, I'll have a long bow with some feather fletched sharp sticks /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The visual aspect of shield cut feathers is very very nice, but the durability and consistency of Blazers is second to none.

Yeah I may just be better off, hanging with my blazers!!!!

I have shot them all and they all have there perks. i shot blazers last year and they are nice, but the one thing they lack that I feel is crucial in hunting is the increased visibility for identifing your hit. Also, but not as importantly maybe, is that feathers give me a better "feel" for a suspect hit when coated with blood. With blazers its hard to tell anything at
all IMO.

The big postives for blazers are clearly the durability and waterproof factor. Not sure what i will shoot this year, but they will be all white likely.

And Willie if you ever need any help getting some cedars done for you just let me know we will work something out for you,....no problem!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And Willie if you ever need any help getting some cedars done for you just let me know we will work something out for you,....no problem! </div></div>

Careful, I'll probably take you up on that cause I'm killing turks and keepin' feathers this year... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif.

I'm not volunteering for cutting up any trukey feathers(that was DLO's thing), but if you get that part taken care of I will be glad to attach them to a tapered cedar shaft for you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

This thread is stickied on top of this forum, but in case you missed it:
Primary feather to fletching

You get you turkey wings turned into fletching & I will be glad to help you past that point. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LUMINOK... ok i only have one. but they eliminate the visual issue. I have blazers on mine right now. I love barred feathers though. But I fletch my arrows A LOT! I just like doing it and changing things up.

both have their pros and cons

i shoot vanes as they are weather proof and quiet.

Feathers do look cool, and id use then in the traditional aspect, but for my current set up, ill stick with vanes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blazers, quiet and tough. I will give the appearance nod to feathers though. Just like the way they look. </div></div>Save me typing. I agree.

I USED TO SHOOT FEATHERS, BUT WITH A FALL AWAY REST SWITCHED TO BLAZERS AND LOVE THEM. AS FAR AS VISIBILITY I WENT WITH ARROW WRAPS. I THINK THE WRAPS HELP WITH BETTER ADHESIVE AS ANOTHER BENEFIT.

Top Bottom