Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Feel good story. Great people at Mathews Inc.

So a few months ago I bought a used Mathews Mr6. After having the bow a few days I decided id call Mathews and see what all information I could get about the bow. Poundage, draw length. Just the basics. I left a message and received a call back pretty soon after. He gave me the specs I'd asked for. That's when the conversation turned. He asked if I was aware l was in possession of stolen property. I instantly was speechless. He told me that it had been reported stolen in 2013. He advised me to call the sheriff department. I did as soon as I hung up with him. After my talk with the sheriffs department I was pretty aware that they wanted nothing to do with it. After calling about 5 times and being asked the same questions each time I decided I'd just call Mathews back to see if I could track down the owner myself. They gave me the name and number of the gentlemen that owned the bow. After a few calls I got ahold of him. He was very surprised at the news he was getting. Someone had his bow and he was going to get it back. So I waited about a week until he got back to the state and we met up. You could just see his eyes light up when he seen the bow that he'd had so much time and money invested in finally back in his possession after two years. We chatted for a while in my front yard for about an hour. Before he left he was almost disappointed that I was out of a bow and the money I paid for it. I explained to him that it's no problem at all and he shouldn't feel bad about getting something back that was rightfully his. He shook my hand and deeply thanked me which was more then enough payment for everything. Well about three weeks later I get a call from a number I recognize and they leave a voice mail. It's Mathews wanting to talk to me. So I'm just thinking the original owner contacted Mathews and let them know that his bow had been returned. So I call back Expecting a thank you for your honesty or something along those lines. He tells me how he's happy that I handled it the way I did and went out of my way to get the owner his bow back. Then what he says next was hard for me to believe. Mind you it's about 7 in the morning so I had just woke up. He tells me that he has a new Mathews mr6 that they used as a show bow and it was being shipped out that afternoon to me. At first i think there is no way I just heard right. He explains that it's not everyday that something like this happens. At this point I'm speechless. Why would a company that owes me nothing, has nothing to do with what happened, do that for me? I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am. It's just goes to show that it pays to be honest. I am 100% certain that the person who stole this bow was not a bow hunter at all. Every bow hunter I've ever met has been a stand up hard working person that would never do something like that. Just a great ending to a bad situation.

That is a really good story I'm glad everything worked out for the both of you I hope the low life that stole it is sitting behind bars

Kudos to both you & Mathews for your actions! Did the original owner not turn the theft in to the police? Really makes one wonder why they were so disinterested???? Be hard for me to just let that drop. Sheriff is an elected position is it not??

Again, great story. And props to you for for doing the right thing. Good thing happen to good people!

BIG THANS to YOU and Mathews for being so responsible and generous!!! I am still a PROUD owner of a Mathews

First off..good for you for doing the right thing. Secondly, that is great to hear that a company as large as Mathews will take the time to do something like that.

Definitely a feel good story.

To clear up the sheriffs office thing. I think one of the main reasons that they didn't want to handle the case was a jurisdiction question. The gentlemen had a primary address in Louisiana. It wasn't until I called him that I found out that he traveled back and forth for work. So I had no idea what county or even state the report
Was filed in. I don't want to make it sound like I'm criticizing our sheriffs office. That's not the case.

That's awesome! I love my Mathews bows! Good to hear that good karma pays off. So were able to turn in the person that sold you the bow or what?

That's awesome! I love my Mathews bows! Good to hear that good karma pays off. So were able to turn in the person that sold you the bow or what?
the person that I bought the bow off of was not the person who stole it. He purchased it it from a man off of Craigslist in Des Moines. I bought the bow off of a kid here in town that I've known for a long time. I can only assume that the guy he bought it off of had to have been the person who stole it.

Got to love Karma!

I dropped my wallet two weeks ago, got a call within 30 minutes that it was found and it was returned immediately, money and all. I gave the guy $25 (basically the cash in it) told him he saved me at least that much in headaches canceling cards and replacing the contents.

On the Sheriff side of things, I had guns stolen back in 1982 and every year the county Sheriff office calls me asking whether I have recovered the guns..... :confused::confused::confused: Thought that was their job. :rolleyes:

Good for you sir and impressed with Mathews as a company, I myself just bought an MR6 and am blown away with the way it shoots, drawing the 80 pounds is a little rough if I am shooting more than 10 arrows but it's amazing how fast and flat it shoots

death from above

Good for you sir and impressed with Mathews as a company, I myself just bought an MR6 and am blown away with the way it shoots, drawing the 80 pounds is a little rough if I am shooting more than 10 arrows but it's amazing how fast and flat it shoots death from above
I haven't shot one yet. Never got a chance to shoot the one that I originally bought. It had 80 pound limbs as well. The one that that are sending me has 70 pound limbs. That's what I've always shot. I just can't believe that Mathews is doing what they are doing. I still replay the voice mail on my phone just to listen to it. Still in the shock stage I suppose.

Top Bottom