Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fence Laws

I have a fence of convenience that does not follow the property line because of a creek. Now I have a fence sitter ladder stand thinking the fence is the boundary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
U gonna get that corrected? So frustrating!!!!

If I was the “fencing czar” ….. u don’t have cattle against land - u don’t pay for fence!!!!! To make sure it’s not abused- u pay for 1/2 the fence IF you then decide to put cattle on yours within a 10 year or less timeframe.

Adverse possession is GONE!! That law is beyond ridiculous & when executed is legal theft of land. I’ve had the “opportunity” to do that to my neighbor & id never do it in a million years!! I’ve had one lawsuit in my whole life….. Amish guy built fence into me by up to 300 yards… said I didn’t object in time. Sued me to take my land. “Adverse possession” & a poor interpretation of it… he lost that case in about 30 minutes. GREED & OPPORTUNITY to TAKE is all adverse possession is really about. That law is WRONG!

I’m no lawyer but have had some dealings with this. There are some other criteria for adverse possession to be claimed and effective. A filing of fence of convenience I believe covers the landowner once it is known that the fence is off or when the fence is built off the property line.
This sounds interesting

U gonna get that corrected? So frustrating!!!!I

If I was the “fencing czar” ….. u don’t have cattle against land - u don’t pay for fence!!!!! To make sure it’s not abused- u pay for 1/2 the fence IF you then decide to put cattle on yours within a 10 year or less timeframe.

Adverse possession is GONE!! That law is beyond ridiculous & when executed is legal theft of land. I’ve had the “opportunity” to do that to my neighbor & id never do it in a million years!! I’ve had one lawsuit in my whole life….. Amish guy built fence into me by up to 300 yards… said I didn’t object in time. Sued me to take my land. “Adverse possession” & a poor interpretation of it… he lost that case in about 30 minutes. GREED & OPPORTUNITY to TAKE is all adverse possession is really about. That law is WRONG!
I have a friend whose dad pretty much died due to the stress of a long law suit fighting over this such thing. The fence was way off and a dirt bag outfitter sued for his land using adverse possession. It drug on for a couple years. His dad died pretty much from stress and I also believe lost the case.

Don't involve lawyers if at all possible. I was involved in an easement lawsuit with a clinically insane neighbor. Involved an aspect of adverse possession. Litigation is EXPENSIVE and stressful. Multiple appeals available so you could be tied up in court for 5+ years.

U gonna get that corrected? So frustrating!!!!
The neighbor landowner doesn't hunt but he is allowing others to hunt his property without a good grasp of the boundaries. He tried to run a septic leach field over the property line in the past and was informed to cease and desist. Now he is encroaching on another border. I'm going to have the property surveyed and drive steel fence posts down the real property line at every rod (16.5 feet). Since it will go down through and along a creek, not going to try to fence it, maybe a strand of barbed at 4 foot, but the flooding will be more likely to take it out if strung. I'll involve him in the survey and let him know I plan to pound the posts.

Another property, I tried the same approach. While I ran to the farm to get more steel fence posts, the problem neighbor there had gone down and moved survey flags. I called him and told him he can't do that. He still mows past and around the steel posts for a walk path to a creek he doesn't own access to... Some people.

Top Bottom