Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fertilizing new plot

I just planted sugar beets and field peas a week ago and was wondering how many bags of 13-13-13 I should put on. I have 4 bags total in my shop and planted maybe a 1/4 acre or a little bit more. Any suggestions or recommendations?

52-52-52 for one acre would b ok dependant on soil needs and that's what u have. But- u r multiplying that by 4 so basically 200-200-200 on a per acre basis. Which is plenty. I actually would just throw it all down. Ur p&k will not be utilized to a large degree this yr but its likely fine That combo is enough for any plotting but going blindly & needing all the immediate benefits/uptake possible, I'd for sure add 200-300 lbs of Pelletized lime (can get anywhere like menards & cheap) and make sure u disc all in to cover your N up so it doesn't evaporate. Good luck.

*oh, putting on existing plants, just re-read it, right? Oops, that's tricky. U likely r gonna burn the piss out of them with N

If it were ME- I'd do 200-300 lbs pell lime on peas and 0-24-24 or similar & get it to around 0-60-60 actual down on peas (no N & no burning) For beets, if it was me, I'd put pell lime & some bags of 13-13-13 on & redo with turnips & radishes. The 2 ?'s I'd have with beets- is it too late (maybe?) for them & is there enough existing N in soil for their needs. If they look like doing great - leave em or put p&k & pell lime. Sorry- kinda complicated to explain & difficult situation with timing, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom