Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

fewer hunters???

O

Ollie

Friend of mine hunting in Wayne County this weekend told me that the number of hunters they saw along the roads and the number of shots they heard fired on Saturday and Sunday were down a lot from what they observed opening weekend last year. The number of hunters I saw driving about and shots I heard in Van Buren County while patrolling my property seemed to be lower than last year. How was hunting pressure in your area this past weekend: more, less, or about the same???

I hunt on family property here in central Iowa and I would have to say that I did not see as many hunters out and I didn't hear as much shooting as I usually do while I was on stand. My dad, brother-in-law, and I ended up doing small, slow drives by Sunday to get the deer moving in our neighborhood (something we usually don't do....we usually sit on stand). Maybe the mass of hunters will be out second season.......
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

was scouting near springbrook on sunday saw 5 guys on the public ground i was a bit surprised

That was my experience also. I did not hear 1/3 the shooting as usual. I seen more pheasant hunters in my travels than deer hunters.

The DNR was in our area and mentioned that they had to go looking for people to check.

I know they have been plugging the airwaves all fall promoting deer hunting and don't be afraid of CWD. They must have supected the license sales were going to be down.

Have never seen so many hunters first season. Live in the middle of the woods, southern Boone County and the traffic on the roads was non-stop. Did not hear as much shooting as we would have expected for the number of hunters out, though. Neighbors mentioned the same thing...wondering where they alll came from.

...our small group in NE Iowa had the same comments...a lot fewer shots this year...didn't hear the first one until almost sun-up on Saturday, 8:00 on Sunday and 9:00 on Monday!...though we saw plenty of people in blaze orange on the roads...maybe we are seeing the effects of the extra "doe" tags?...

Top Bottom