Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Field points to broadheads

MossyDXT

I was just wondering if anyone has done any testing on which broadheads (fixed or mechanical) fly the closest to their field tips. I've gotten pretty comfortable this summer shooting my bow at 55 yrds and am just not getting the consistency that I'd like to have with my muzzy mx-3. They do ok up to 35 yrds but 45 gets alittle sketchy. I've been doing alittle research and am kind of leaning towards the spitfire xp-pros. Does anyone have any other options for me to try?

Jakhammers shoot pretty well for me. I haven't shot out to 55 yards with them but I have done 40 yards and they were right on. Thunderheads work well also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gersdorf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jakhammers shoot pretty well for me. I haven't shot out to 55 yards with them but I have done 40 yards and they were right on.</div></div>

Ditto.

Shot mine out to 40 yards on Sunday and were right on with my field points.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bakes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out the site below. Make sure your bow is tuned perfectly before you spend more money on another head to figure out your bow isn't tuned.

http://www.muzzy.com/muzzy_help/broadhead_tuning.htm </div></div>

when this happens, it is almost always the bow being out of tune

Your bow can be perfectly tuned, but if your arrows are not tuned as well, you will get bad arrow flight with fixed blade heads..

Everything needs to be square and perfectly inline to get fieldpoint accuracy with fixed blade heads..

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I really wasn't wanting to do any paper tunning, but I guess that's what its gunna come down to. Atleast it's cheaper than mechanical heads. thanks again

Slick Tricks. Best deer broadhead I've found to date for multiple reasons not the least of which is their field point flight. A good bow tune certainly wouldn't hurt but I feel you can't do any better in a fixed (replaceable) blade than Slick Tricks for field point flight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slick Tricks. Best deer broadhead I've found to date for multiple reasons not the least of which is their field point flight. A good bow tune certainly wouldn't hurt but I feel you can't do any better in a fixed (replaceable) blade than Slick Tricks for field point flight. </div></div>

Ditto on the 'Tricks. Required the least amount of broadhead tuning for me. Even a "tuned" bow needs to be broadhead tuned with fixed blades. Check out Easton Tuning Guide on how to broadhead tune.

Top Bottom