Field Reports - The Ghost

OneCam

Ok field testers it's time to report on "The Ghost" scent eliminating spray.

This is a local product that I have been using the past few years with great results. In fact this year I harvested my largest buck to date even though he came in directly down wind.

"The Ghost" scent spray has no odor, leaves no messy residue and actively breaks down the scent molecules over extended periods of time.

OK - enough from me. Let here from the other field tester on how this product has stood up in the field.

I used this product hard in Canada. I hunted on the ground in a double bull 99% of the time. I used the ghost on the blind, myself, the decoy and I NEVER was busted. I had good deer directly downwind of me at less than 10 yards and they didnt even bat an eye.

I say forget sent-lok and go with the GHOST.

I have used it extensivly on my boots as I am walking in to my areas and have had several deer cross my path with noses to the ground and not had one "second sniff" yet. From what I can tell, there is no odor associated with it unlike its competitors. It seems to do what it claims with excellent results but still have to test it on a mature buck
26404-archer[1].gif

I also have been using this product and am very pleased. Like One Cam said no white or black residue doesn't make your skin crawl and best of all I have had deer cross my path, follow my path, been downwind and never smelled a thing. I really like it. I am sold!

Where can I buy this at and what size bottle"s does the stuff come in?I like to buy a large container when I buy this stuff,I spray everything that goes in the timber with me.

Buckhunter,

I have seen it all the time at CIA & Sporting. They have it in like a normal size spray bottle and i know at one time they had it in a gallon refill and they most likely still have it in that but i haven't been out there sense a month and a half ago and i didn't pay attention to what sizes they had cause we still have some here at home.

just my 2 cents,

huntn4life88
rambo.gif
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Thanks to OneCam I have had an opportunity to do a little field testing of The Ghost myself. Had 5 mature does with fawns right under my tree on Saturday morning and two bucks that I didn't consider shooters I could have spit on. They all were down wind of me on the approach to my stand.

I will be using this product in the future for sure.

Ghost gives "The Ghost"
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

Although I have horrible dreams of Central Iowa drinking it at Ghost's homestead......I have used it several times. I have only had one experience where I was exposed. It was with Chris and I do not blame the Ghost Scent Spray on it at all. It was a Doe just at dark. I did the Sneaky Leaf Project on my blind several days before hunting with OneCam. I think the exposure to my home and where my dogs sleep was the give away. I have had numerous deer down wind from me and have gone undetected.....almost to the point where they will not leave.....I shot my M/L buck some 25 yds. away down wind from him. I support this product and think either a link to buy on line or to put it in the site's store. I know Chris has to much time on his hands to stock and mail this product out.

Unfortunately with my new job I've only had the chance to use it once. I was hunting from my ground blind and 2 mature does came to within 15 yards downwind. Didn't have a clue I was there. It's ability to eliminate scent obviously works and the no residue is an added bonus.
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

I tried the link....it's under construction.
Anyone have a phone number?
I'd like to give it a try.

thanks.......hags

I've only been out 3 or 4 times and have had a number of deer show up on the downwind side and not spook while using the "Ghost" spray. I plan on giving it a good test this weekend. Good stuff.
waytogo.gif

I just ordered a 32 oz bottle of Ghost from the 1-800 number you posted. The guy that answered was a super nice guy, i think he was the owner the way he talked. It ended up being a 25 minute phone call that got off the track a bit, we ended up talking food plots and hog hunting in Florida. Really nice guy, he even said he was going to throw in an 8 oz bottle of his newest buck lure, Fatal Attraction. He was surprised to hear all the testimonials from Iowa. I guess good news travels fast. Thanks for the info!!!

The link provide is not actually the product that we are using.

Head Hunter Scents manufactures "Ghost"

A local Iowa Chem company manufactures "The Ghost" - the spray can only be found in the Southern Archery family of stores including CIA.

I will be sure to check with the owner for mail order capabilities.

I just placed an order myself, he sells ghost in a concentrated formula that makes up 1 3/4 gallons(just mix with DI water). Cost is about half the price as the mixed formula. However it isn't on his website you have to ask for it. He also threw in a free spray bottle and some fatal attraction for me. Told him that I herd about it on Iowawhitetail.com and that maybe he should consider sponsoring as well, it was like a light came on. I would much rather purchase from someone like that than a large retailer. He is a good person and enjoys talking hunting.

doah.gif

NEWMAN!! Oh well, i guess i will see if "The Ghost" and this Fatal Attraction stuff works. Hate to send my cash out of state but he was a good guy.

This stuff rocks!
rockband.gif

So far I've had 15 deer cross my entrance trail and 12 deer straight downwind of me, and nothing has spooked yet.
I went out on one of those 80 degree days a couple weeks back. Sweat my butt off getting to the stand, but still managed to have 8 does downwind of me and 4 milling around underneath my tree without so much as a blow or a raised tail. I'm sold.

Can I "field test" the stuff next year, Chris?
893footinmouth-thumb[1].gif

Back