Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Filled my buck tags!

bowhunter16

I went out on Halloween night and was able to call this guy away from some does and another buck. He snort-wheezed 30 yards in front of me and was grunting up a storm. Everything just felt right so i decided to take him.
DSC00285.jpg

Then i went out yesterday morning and decided to walk back through the woods instead of the field to look for a tree i could sit in for my next hunt and saw this guy. I scared up the doe he was with but he just wanted chase her around as he never even saw me. I watched him chase her off and on for a couple minutes until i saw him coming back toward me 30 yards away. There was too much brush in the way so i had to pass on the shot. After I lost sight of the deer i waited another ten minutes just in case they showed back up (i would have waited much longer but i was running late for class). As i get up to finish my walk back to the house i hear a deer snort downwind of me so i just figured it was the deer i had been watching. So i start walking down the trail a few steps and look up and see this guy coming straight toward me down the ridge i first saw him on. I get down on my knees and wait for him to step out into the opening 20 yards in front of me. One time he looked right at me as he was coming down the ridge and i thought it was all over, but he lost his doe and was too busy trying to find her again. Finally he stepped out in the opening quartering hard towards me. I figured this may be the only chance i get so i settled the pin right in front of the shoulder blade and the arrow hit its mark. I watched him run 30 yards, back toward the house, and pile up! Needless to say i was pumped and ended up skipping class altogether :grin:
DSC00314.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

Two nice bucks! Just curious, was the second deer on a landowner tag, or how did you end up with two? Either way, nice deer.

Top Bottom